7. He's a Good Guy

Start from the beginning

"And imbalance cause chaos," Sophie supported.

"I mean, despite of anybody being put anywhere, everyone's going to work equally still. Not like any of us can slack off," Clint said.

"So, we have three options," I concluded. "A) we stick to the default. B) we shuffle. C) we shuffle some."

"I think it's a pretty clear decision that we go with Leah's argument," Marissa shrugged.

The most of them nodded.

"Okay," I decided as I wrote it down. "Next, I really need to get this out of my head before I forgot," I chuckled lightly before turning to Alfred asking, "How's Mr. Wayne's music taste? I see none of us have ever been to any of his gala before and I, personally, don't have any idea of what kind of music he likes to be played."

"He doesn't care as long as it's nothing inappropriate to the situation," Alfred answered. "I suggest you make a playlist of what the seniors want to listen."

I wrote that down, nodding.

"So, do you think it's okay that we ask the seniors of their favourite songs?" I asked the butler.

"Absolutely," Alfred nodded.

A petite girl named Yuri raised her hand. I nodded at her.

"Can we not put Miss Hansen's favourite song? It's Scream and Shout by Britney Spears and I'm not kidding," Yuri said casually.

Laughter filled the room.

"The fact that you know this is insane," Sophie said, fetching another laughter.

***

"Are you sure you don't want any of us to drive you home, Mr. Pennyworth?" I asked once he and I walked towards the porch to wait for his ride, which already approaching.

"I'm sure, Miss Holmes. Thank you so much. I have one of the boys to pick me up," Alfred answered.

Whoa. They must have a lot of respect for this man.

The car stopped in front of the building. The driver had already opened the door when Marrie came out.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Pennyworth, but, we forgot to sign something," Marrie rumbled. "Do you mind coming back in for a bit? It won't take long, I promise."

"Of course," Alfred said.

"I'll tell your boy to wait," I said.

With that, Marrie and Alfred walked back in as I turned around. I jolted in surprise when I found the person had already stood close behind me. Then, I looked up and saw a pair of blue eyes looking back at me.

"Rome," Dick greeted.

"Dick," I said, still not feeling good on how that sounded, so, I regreeted, "Richard."

"Why do you always do that?" Dick asked, amused.

"Because it sounds like I'm calling you a dick," I answered. "I'm sorry."

"You can call me Shit and I won't mind at all," Dick chuckled. "Besides, I traveled your name from Romania to Italy."

I scoffed in amusement.

"Mr. Pennyworth is about to sign something Marrie needs him to. Do you want to wait inside?" I offered.

"It shouldn't take long, right?" Dick questioned. "I'll just wait here."

"Maybe you'd want to grab a coat, then," I shrugged.

"Why? Are you cold?" Dick asked, touching my upper arm.