Cliche 34

AUTHOR'S NOTES...Stop wasting our time and get on with it for goodness sakes!

A lot of authors use notes at the beginning or end of the chapter to put some message across, whether it's why they haven't been consistent, addressing some comments or just threatening to turn you into a salamander and then feed you to a snake and then burn the snake if you make the mistake of plagiarising their work.

If you write, you do it. I do it, we all do, it's normal. But, why do books that are just half author's notes exist?

1. Posting about posting. You know I've seen a lot of annoying things on wattpad. I've seen stories where every word is capitalised, no paragraphs whatsoever and even a character crying because no one remembered their half birthday but this one takes the cake, the spoons, the plates, the whole party in fact.

"Hello you guysssss, I just wanted to say sorry for not updating on time and I will be updating soon lol"  and then proceed to not update for the next two months.

That's it, that's the whole part. You wasted everybody's time for this? Your tomfoolery should be counted as either a crime or a illness at this point.

2. Posting about things we could care less about. I've seen a story where every other chapter was just her talking about something that was none of our business. If the notes are longer than the story, maybe you should quit wattpad and maybe pick up reddit or Twitter ma'am...or sir ( we don't discriminate here) and stop wasting our time!

"Hey guys, so my cat got its period today and I just couldn't update, I'll try to as soon as possible tho XD. Please send your thoughts and prayers to Señora Whiskers."

I hate to be the one to say this but if Señora Whiskers isn't in the ICU because she got caught in a meat grinder, we don't want to know!

It might not be a cliche but I have definitely seen it too many times to not talk about it.

Note: Hello friends, I have been locked out of my account for a while now so I couldn't update. I intend to be more regular now as I have a few parts in the works.

I have also used the time away to decide that I want to write a book. It's just an idea I am playing with right now.

Thank you.