"I promise." Perseus said simply but Selene nodded knowing that he meant it and wouldn't break the promise if he could.

The four stayed there in a peaceful silence as they relished in the last moments of their short-lived, yet strong, friendship. Helios then turned his head to look at his sister in the eye as they seemed to have a mental conversation before both faced Perseus from where they leant on the walls of the cave.

Helios then began to speak, "Since we knew we were to fade over a year ago the pair of us scoured the lands looking for someone who didn't associate with the filthy Olympians, other than a few of course, to who we could pass on our domains." Selene then picked up where he left off.

"We had no success, which is no surprise given the gods have made it their goal to wipe out all those that oppose them in the slightest. And so, as we settled on this island, we came to the decision to pass our domains onto our cousin, Hestia, the Olympian that we most trust and who is the nicest person we've met, to pass onto who she sees worthy."

Helios then continued, "But yet here, as if by fates will, Hestia's own child has come and shown us kindness so very few have ever. Showing the honour, loyalty and purity that only the fictional legends told to children contain."

"We therefore decided that you would be the one, to carry our domains, not for another but as your own as you still can having not come into your own domains yet." Selene paused for a moment, "I know that you may reject it, saying you aren't worthy or some other rubbish, but it is our decision."

"So please Perseus, will you give us our final wish so we may pass in peace knowing that someone as good and true as you shall safeguard our domains?" Helios concluded.

Perseus was shocked at this revelation. He knew that he was already powerful as Hestia had told him, power which he never craved to contain. All he desired was to have a peaceful life with a family that he loved and that loved him, but he knew that this would only make him more powerful, and yet he couldn't refuse his friends final request. And so, having come to accept this, Perseus nodded, "I would be honoured and shall serve to make your domains as breathtaking and revered as they were under your own control."

The siblings gave a weak smile as they lifted their hands, and each placed one on his shoulder closest to him. Then muttering in an ancient language passed down from the eldest titans or possibly further, that Perseus had been taught by his mother, they said, "To Perseus, son of the Hearth and Heart, keeper of dawn and dusk and natures chosen lord, I Helios, Titan of the sun and day / I Selene, Titaness of the moon and night, impart my domains of sun and day / moon and night, to restore and protect for all time to come. May they take him as their new bearer to tame and wield with honour and glory."

As they spoke glowing strands of silver wove it's way around Selene's body, as did glowing strands of Gold to Helios, before trailing up their arms and collecting in bright glowing light where their hands came into contact with Perseus. As they finished speaking, all strands had collected in the light that now connected them to the godling which then wove around his body and overlapped one another before sinking into his skin.

As the energy sunk within Perseus, he began to emit an array of glowing light, consisting of bright white, gold and silver, along with a deep midnight blue that was almost black. As he glowed, Perseus could feel the power combine with his own and his own strength increasing to many times what it had been before, having the full power of the domains rather than his own that had not yet been announced.

As the power flowed through him Perseus could feel a connection to the darkness that littered the cave, along with the light that flickered from the warm fire lit in the centre of the cavern. Soon the glow died down and Perseus reopened his eyes that had closed as the power entered him, and Selene gasped as she saw the twinkling lights like that of the night sky residing in his pupils.