Chapter 7

It has been almost a decade since Hestia had left him on the island so that she would one day be able to take him away and Perseus has cherished the memories he had made with her and dreamed of the days that they could see each other again, but none of this stopped him from learning and improving his skills. Since Hestia had left Perseus had barely slept just being recharged by the sunrise and set of each day, sleeping only when he had far overtaxed himself using his powers to higher height and raising his endurance. He had crafted many more weapons some of his own design and had trained with every successful one to the point of mastery, whilst he learnt how to use them fast and mastered them like he was born to wield each one this still took a lot of time. As he learnt more and improved his skills in many weapons, he focused on his archery, swordsmanship and daggers and he was at the point where he was practically unstoppable, and he beat every one of the few monsters that came with a level of ease that would make many laugh at the monsters' peril.

Without Hestia to speak to and enjoy his time with Perseus had begun to spend more time in his wolf form, going around with the other wolves on the island whom all referred to him with reverence, unknown to Perseus himself all the other wolves including any alphas, saw him as their alpha regardless of his human form and without any rivalry that would usually spawn, many wolves already knew he would be their god and held great pride in that their god was so skilled and actually cared so much unlike many others.

Whilst playing with the other wolves Perseus had also trained with them in his wolf form in both hunting and fighting and was still to this day, 10 years after beginning his training with the other alphas, undefeated and made a very formidable opponent. As he had grown older his wolf form also had and he was now around 5ft tall in wolf form, taller then all the others by far, and still growing.

During this time Perseus' mine had become almost a labyrinth with all of its different shafts that would occasionally cross over one another although all this mining didn't go to waste, over the decade Perseus has become even more strong as he worked himself to his limit again and again mining with his powers and with his own hands, he had collected large amounts of resources from his mine and crafted many more weapons from them. Over the years he has become an extremely skilled crafter and has begun imbuing his creations with his powers although he hasn't mastered this yet.

Perseus had also taken up farming of sorts as he found edible plants from across the island and planted them all in a large area near his house to make his life easier and to try a new thing. The farm at this point was about 25 square meters and he had added a small storage shed off the side of the house where he'd dry and store the harvested ingredients. Perseus had begun cooking with these and had come up with many more flavours to combine and made some amazing dishes that he wished he could share with Hestia. Upon deciding he wanted Hestia to try them out he thought of how he could tell her, as he had a photographic memory, he didn't need to write anything down in order to recall it but decided that if he did, he could then give the recipes to Hestia in 6 years' time when he next time.

Perseus had spent months figuring out how to make paper and then a further few to figure out how to create a leather like binding from animal hides to create books. Perseus ended up making 5 thick books out of the 20 he had attempted and then took to filling them, the first two he filled with recipes from sweet food he made with sugar that he drew from the sugar cane he was growing to delicious breads and stews he designed from a plethora of ingredients and wrote little notes along with them. Writing the recipe books made him feel closer to Hestia and brought some of the warmth back to his life that had disappeared when she had left. He left the two other books on a shelf he had attached to the wall of the forge and the other he used for design ideas for weapons and buildings as well as pictures he drew of different landscapes both that he had seen and that he had imagined. He did this using mixture of charcoals and other materials to create pencils for sketches and for some of the illustration he sourced colouring from a range of materials across the island, for the recipes he used a quill and ink that he got from squids that he fished from the small amount of ocean accessible to him from within the barrier that held him here.

Despite making efficient use of his time by furthering his own knowledge and skills, Perseus counted down the days until he could finally see Hestia again and be able to join her in the outside world. In preparation for leaving Perseus had made himself a collection of nice clothes by hand as well as a perfectly crafted leather bag with a single strap that crossed over is chest and a dark red cloak that he had managed to enchant with some of his godly powers he had been developing. The hood of the cloak was enchanted to cast a shadow across his entire face only leaving his bright and piercing eyes shining through the dark, the cloak itself was also enchanted to be stronger, like armour, and to repair any damage done automatically, the power to do so Perseus believed came from his mother.

Currently he was training against ice warriors he had summoned and was controlling whilst wearing his cloak which swirled around along with his fluid movements as he carved up the warriors. After much practice Perseus was able to control the warriors using the back of his mind with practically no concentration allowing him to work on his own skills as he fought them although they didn't fight as well as him and therefore, he summoned more of them. 5 ice warriors were left standing of the 25 that he had begun with and those were quickly dispatched without the backup of the others.

Finishing the training he had begun at dawn; Perseus began feeling the rejuvenation that was associated with the changing of night and day and realised that he had gotten lost in his efforts and used up the entire day. As he returned to the forge/house along the trail that was now well-worn from regular use, he casually summoned his bow from the intricate silver ring atop his finger and shot a rabbit that bolted across the path, picking it up and bringing it back for dinner.

Arriving back, he quickly cooked up dinner and got stuck in the usual monotony of the life he lived for so long finishing his regular routine before deciding that he would spend the night working on crafting more things and working on enchantments. 

-----

Time skip 6 years,

For the past month Percy had been training and learning more than ever in preparation for being done with the island he has been entrapped on for so long and to prepare for whatever is out there. He was now able to command 10 ice warriors with immaculate fighting skills in a range of ice formed weapons whilst fighting at his peak and using his other powers.

Perseus had also been working on his hunting in his wolf form and over the past decade or some become far closer to the wolves across the island, today he had decided it was time to bid them farewell in preparation for Hestia's arrival.

As Perseus ran through the forest, he leapt into the air transforming into the largest wolf to ever be seen and certainly the fiercest. As he came to a stop in a clearing near where he could sense the wolves were currently, he was a sight to behold, at 6"7', with a maw lined with razor sharp teeth, shiny black fur that seemed impossibly dark and piercing yet beautiful purple eyes.

As the other wolves sensed his presence nearby, they leapt from the surrounding forest to greet him, they rubbed along his sides affectionately whilst they all talked as old friends. The biggest wolf, after him, walked up, Kynigos whilst being the largest wolf, wasn't as powerful as he once was with his fur greying and age taking its toll, yet he still stood proudly at 3 ft tall.

"My time is nearing to leave, and I shall not see you again for long after. I wanted to thank you all for being my family whilst I was locked away here."

Instead of responding the wolves just went back to affectionately rubbing up against his large form. "Shall we have one more hunt? First to catch 5 rabbits and get back here?" Kynigos suggested. Despite his large form Perseus still had great speed which would make it seem an unfair competition, but they played as they had in the past with groups of three against Perseus.

The rest of the day was spent playing more games together as they had so many times over Perseus' 36 years on the island and finished the night enjoying feasting on the various animals they had caught across the island. Despite Perseus being able to eat the meat raw like any other wolf he preferred having it cook so he ate with the wolves in his human form.

Perseus sat on the beach of the island, his island, that had been his home for so long and thought of what the future would hold but also all the good times that the island held, regardless of his imprisonment there. As the sun rose the next morning it lit the beach in the most beautiful array of light with Perseus now standing in the shallow tides for the last time for a long time.