Chapter 10 - Real Date

Dipper's POV

It was so unexpected. Just think. This is our first date and we're officially a couple. Well not exactly our first date and oh my! I think it's the time to ask her out.

Me and Wendy are still walking away from the woods and to her house. Her hand is still entwined to mine. It felt so right as we are walking to the woods, feeling the comfort and warmth of her hand. Usually I walk to the woods, scared because the woods is a scary place and you wouldn't know what kind of creature will haunt and scare you. We are silent the whole time but we aren't in an awkward silence but a comfortable one. I clear my throat and spoke up.

"Since this is a mystery hunt, I was hoping if..." I pulled my t-shirt because of I'm so tense. I'm so nervous at speaking my mind because my mind is saying crazy and dumb things about her going on a date with me. But I was also really hoping I could speak my mind this time without stuttering.

"What?" She asked.

"If y-you want t-to go out w-with me." I started stuttering out of control. Ther goes my hope. I was a coward when I last tried to ask her and now I managed to say it. So I kind of made some progress.

"Well if you don't want to it's okay I mean-" I said quickly. I guess I'm still the same. Lack of courage and bravery. Why am I such a chicken? I blurted those words but then she cut me off.

"Of course silly! Gosh. You're still the same guy I met. A nervous and a stuttering jerk. We're in a relationship now for crying out loud." She said jokingly but I still decided to try to man up.

"Well, I'm your stuttering jerk now." I snickered.

"True." She said then giggled.

Yes. I manage to ask her out. And bonus is I made her laugh which is a great start.

We are now in front of Wendy's house. I frowned as she released her hand from mine. But you know, we have to say goodbye.

"Tomorrow. Diner at 4 pm." I said in a phrase. She nodded then she pecked my cheek and I blushed slightly.

She giggled at the sight of my pink cheek face. I'm quite embarrassed at that but I guess I got to get used to that because I'm always blushing midely when I'm with her.

"Bye Dip!" She said.

"Bye Wendy!" I said it back.

I walked home to the Mystery Shack with a satisfied look on my face.

Our relationship is beyond what I was expecting. Little o' me doesn't deserve a girl who's beautiful as Wendy. She's just so perfect and I'm just a simple and a small guy who is weird to talk to. I'm a wallflower as they say so I'm such a lucky guy to have her and for Robbie to let her go, he's such a jerk.