Chapter 31: My Life

Start from the beginning

-

"That's us." Kouvr says, the rest of us following her up to him, standing around.

"Hello, I am Dr. Jamison, I'm assuming you're Bryce?" He says looking at me. I nod, tilting my head. I guess they talked about things.

"What is wrong with my girlfriend sir?" I ask, stepping up toward him.

"Her arm is definitely broken as well as her shoulder, her elbow, and her hand. She will have to wear a brace on her hand for at least two months, and her shoulder down to her forearm are wrapped and in place with braces and some rods in between the wrap and braces. All of it is in a sling, and only the sling should come off to sleep. In the shower we'll give her a bag to keep it dry. It's going to be a lot of adapting." Alex puts his arm around Kouvr, all of them looking down sadly, but I just stare at him.

"How? How did that fall do all of that to her arm?" I know I look scared. I am. I left for an hour, and she gets hurt. I leave her alone for her to go to that party and she gets fucking assaulted. I wasn't with her for the first eighteen years of her life, and she went through hell. I never want to leave again.

Me, Bryce Hall, I want to be with this girl for the rest of my life.

I never want to lose her.

I want to protect her.

Because I love her.

And I always will.

My thoughts get interrupted by the doctor saying, "With all that said, Aurora is going to need a lot of support. Patients who go through something like this, tend to not be able to be up high, or at least near windows at all. She seems to have issues with flashbacks anyway, nightmares too, and I can guarantee those will get worse. She just needs people to care." We all nod.

"Can we see her?" I ask, and he nods.

"I would say no more than 3 or 4 people at a time. But Mr. Cyr, can you help us with the discharge papers? You can fill out everything but the last signature, while the rest of you go see her." He walks away, Kio waving at us and following him towards a nurses station, and all of us look at each other.

"Alex and I can get the car. Why don't just you three go see her? Olivia or Bryce can help her change into the clothes Olivia grabbed before we left, and get her ready to leave." Kouvr smiles, pulling Alex towards the door. I sigh and look at the girls, all of us clearly nervous to see her. I haven't even seen her since before.

-

Rory POV

I sit in my bed, my left arm in all the wrappings and the sling, laying to my left side, with my knees tucked up to my chest and my right arm around them. My forehead touches my knees, as I try to comfort myself. I don't want to be alone, and it hurts so bad. It never hurt like this when I got dropped down the stairs or hit or anything.

Why does all of this just keep happening?

Why can't I escape it?

The door slowly opens, making me look up, and I see Mia and Olivia as they slowly walk in, revealing Bryce behind them. I freeze, scared he's going to yell at me. But instead he slowly approaches me, saying, "Sweets, I'm so sorry, I really am," as he walks over to the bed sitting down next to my right hip.

He carefully wraps his arm under the sling and both arms around me, hugging me close, his chin resting on top of my head as I snuggle into his chest. "Are you okay?" he asks, squeezing my middle, Olivia and Mia softly smiling at us from the door. Mia has a teddy bear in her hand and Olivia has a bag.

"It hurts," I say, mumbling into him, "But I feel better with you now," I feel him smile into the top of my head, kissing my temple

"Rory, hunny, you need to get out of the gown so we can get you home." Olivia says. Bryce gets up from behind me, standing in front of me. I just look up at him.

"Do you want Olivia or I's help changing?" I can tell he's trying not to smirk, so I just shake my head, standing shakily and taking the bag from Olivia and walking into the bathroom at the end of my room.

-

Mia POV

Kio walks in with a clipboard, as I stand against the wall, moving away from the door as he comes in. Bryce has been pacing for the last five minutes while Olivia sits on the bed. Suddenly we hear a whimper from the bathroom, and Bryce shoots towards the door.

"Sweets? Are you okay?" He sounds desperate, clearly scared of her getting hurt again. We don't hear anything for a minute before the door opens and she walks out, the bag from earlier and her gown in her hands.

"Can we go home?" She asks, making everyone smile and Bryce hug her, "Sorry, it was hard to get the socks on." She looks down sheepishly.

"You just gotta sign this Ro, then we can leave. It's your discharge paper." She nods, walking over to the bed where Kio set it down, carefully reading it. We can all see the gears turning. She signs it with the pen, then turns around.

"I'm ready to go hoooooome!" She yells, making us laugh.

"Then let's go baby!" Bryce says, picking her up by her waist, making her giggle.Maybe Rory's life can get a little happier now.

-

I thought Bryce was pretty cute in this, I don't know about you guys. I really liked it.

I hope you guess like it, and please vote and comment to show what you thought! Please let me know.

Comment who you think will apologize first to Rory, and what will happen next.

Thank you all so much for reading, I love y'all so much.