The New Player

Adora's POV:

"Adora! Over here!"

I spin passed the ball over to Netossa. We were just practising passes. Netossa pop passed over to Spinerella. "I'm surprised you caught that one!" Netossa called.

"I'm surprised you actually aimed it towards me properly!" Spinerella called back.

It was normal to hear the competitive duo like this. "They really are adorable," Scorpia whispered in awe.

"Alright team, bring it in!" Coach Huntara shouted. We all ran on over. "Today, we have a new player joining us!"

The team cheered. Getting a new player in the team hasn't happened for over a year.

A girl, who had looked my age and... familiar had walked out of the change rooms and onto the field. "Why don't you introduce yourself?" Coach Huntara said as she patted her on the back.

The girl glanced at the people around her. "I'm Catra," the girl awkwardly said. 

"Catra?" I asked. "Is that you?"

"I just introduced myself didn't I?" Catra mumbled, loud enough for me to hear.

"Catra!" I said excitedly. Catra seemed to glare at me slightly.

"Hey Adora," Catra said.

"Oh good!" Coach Huntara said. "You both know each other! For the next training exercise, we are continuing to practise passing. You two can pair up!" She walked away.

"But-" Catra began, but the coach had already been on her way. Catra turned to glare at me. "Let's just get this over with," she muttered grumpily as she grabbed a ball. I followed her as we headed onto the field. I looked around, as everyone had been paired up.

Catra pop passed the ball over to me. I pop passed back. We went on like this for a few seconds of silence. "How have you been!?"I couldn't contain my excitement.

"I've been doing just fine without you!" Catra called as she pop passed the ball back.

"What?" I caught it and passed it back.

"You left me all those years ago when we were kids!" She caught the ball and pop passed it over.

"What are you on about?" I caught the ball again and pop passed it back.

"Ugh just forget it!" Catra yelled annoyed as she let the ball drop at her feet.

I watched her storm off. "Catra! Catra come back!" Catra stormed past Coach Huntara, quickly telling her that she has to leave early and went into the change room. I ran over calling out to her.

"This won't be an issue for the team will it?" Coach Huntara looked at me.

"No I promise it won't coach," I hurriedly said back.

"Good. Personal issues may get in the way of winning."

"Of course coach," I nodded agreeing.

I stood at the entrance of the change rooms as Scorpia came up to me from behind in concern. I don't get it... What did I do wrong?