32. the vat of acid chapter

Start from the beginning

"Says the one who built a fake vat of acid," Cas mumbled to herself for only Morty to hear, which she heard Morty snicker at.

They entered the warehouse, where four aliens stood before them. "Interesting choice of meeting place, Rick." The leader of the small group of criminals said, his eyes traveling to Cas for the briefest of moments.

"You like it? My grandson had notes," Rick commented, which made Morty roll his eyes. "Show him the crystal's, Cassie." Cas pulled the briefcase up, opening it to show ten bright red crystals. The leader nodded the much short alien next to him, who opened the case to show grayish blue crystals that looked identical to the red ones in Cas' hand. Rick nodded at Cas, who held out the briefcase switching it for the ones the group help.

"I'll make lots of money with these," the leader commented.

"I'll make a lot of those with these," Rick replied with a grin.

"Well, those are fake," The leader revealed, making Cas shut the briefcase in shock. The man to the leader's right held up his gun, making Cas put her free hand up in defense.

"Oh, Jesus fucking Christ, you brought fake crystals and a gun?"

"Beats real crystals and no gun," The alien shrugged with a smug tone.

"Okay but does anything beat fake crystals and a fake arm?" Rick asked, reaching out from under his coat to shot at the largest alien in front of them.

"Whoa! Do you know who I am? Even if you kill me, you're a deadman."

"Are you serious? Morty, Cassie, he's right. We're screwed. Let's just end it. Quick death, come on." Rick pulled Morty into the vat of acid below them. Cas threw her head back and sighed before leaping over the railing after him. Rick grabbed her arm just as she submerged fully and handed her the tube to breath through. He opened the compartment for bones, which floated up the top, before pressing the button to deploy the speaker.

"What kind of psycho... his own grandson and girlfriend..." The leaders voice came through.

"Guess he took the threat pretty seriously," One of the aliens said.

"Yeah, but it just doesn't make any sense." Morty threw Rick a glance at that, making Rick flip him off.

"Well, he was a scientist. Maybe he knew more about acid. Maybe it's a like the most painless way to go."

"How could that have been painless? You saw that pause before the bones floated up, that had to be five seconds of unparalleled torture. I..." The leader's distraught voice said, "I can't get my head around it. I-I thought I had seen the galaxy at its darkest. This, this is gonna take a while to feel normal."

"We're pretty good listeners, boss. Drinks are on us if you want to talk it out."

"Thanks but... what happened, it happened here. I don't want to lose the moment." The leader said, both of his followers supporting him in wanting to stay.

It felt like it had been hours of the three of them being stuck under the bright green liquid. Both Cas and Morty kept sharing annoyed looks towards each other and Rick, making Rick glare at them or flip them off. The leader had begun a story that seemed to drag on despite how short it had actually been. "...And then, little Tommy FlimFlam's running down the hyper loop. His ass is on fire from Xenon fluid, but his AI hologram is fucking his own peehole." Which made both of his henchmen tell him the story was great but Cas could tell they were lying, "Yeah, well, I got a million of 'em. Alright. I think I'm ready to deal with the world now. Let's get out of here,"