27. the rickchurian mortydate

Zacznij od początku

"It's actually a fun game, darlin'. Kind of relaxing really," Cas shrugged, taking a sip of her Sprite.

Cas cocked her head to the side as she heard the sound of helicopter blades whirring outside the house. Rick rose his brow mid sip before getting up to answer the door, Cas a few steps ahead of him and Morty behind him, a confused look on his face as well. Rick opened the door to see two Secret Service men running up the front door with a black helicopter behind them on the street. Cas took another sip of her drink as the two men began to speak.

"Gentlemen, you're needed by a friend in Washington!" One of them shouted over the helicopter.

"DC or state?" Cas asked with a cheeky grin, earning a slight annoyed look from the same Secret Service man that spoke up. "How clandestine," Rick said bluntly with a joking smile on his face as well. He pulled out his portal gun, shooting a portal under Morty's feet. Cas grinned widely, putting a hand over her glass before jumping in the portal.

"Mr. President," Morty greeted as Cas did a mocking salute with a fake serious look.

"It's about time, gentlemen-" The President began and Cas furrowed her brow at that.

"So, do people just forget I'm here or...?" Cas trailed off making the President clear his throat with an annoyed look.

"It's about time, gentlemen and lady," He corrected. "Do you both need to drink in here?" He asked, looking towards Rick who was taking a sip of his drink and Cas, who held her glass between her fingers.

"Yes," Rick replied quickly.

"Here's the adventure. Some kind of alien... googa has infested the Kennedy Sex Tunnels. I want it hunted down and taken out," The President explained, making Cas grimace at the name slightly. "Naturally, you'll forget you saw them along with, in order of national embarrassment, the Truman Cocaine Lounge, the McKinley Hooker Dump, and the Lincoln Slave Coliseum. He didn't free them all," The President listed off.

"You know, you could have just given us fake names for the rooms to avoid 'national embarrassment'," Cas pointed out with air quotes.

"Just... let me know when you're done," The President sighed, making Cas smile with false politeness

"Maybe then we could get a selfie?" Morty asked with a hopeful smile.

"Too busy, Morty," The President brushed off before turning around and walking away.

"Man, he really doesn't like me," Cas mumbled.

Later, Cas walked through the tunnels next to Rick and Morty, a bored look on her face as she did so. She had crossed her arms, preventing herself from gripping on to Rick's coat sleeve as they walked. Bill Cipher's voice in her head still rang as silence filled the air between the trio. Rick's words about Beth leaving and finding herself if she so desired had gotten to her more than she cared to admit. He was right when he said why she often hide her intelligence and yet, Cas still felt so stupid to even allow the thought of doubting Rick cross her mind. Yet, she shook her head slightly to get rid of the thought as Rick pulled his blaster out to shoot the creature in the tunnel.

"Ugh, this sucks," He mumbled.

"God, tell me about it," Morty replied with an equally annoyed tone. "Yeah, I'm really freaking bored," Cas agreed.