23. rest and ricklaxation

Start from the beginning

"I can't fucking do this anymore," Morty cried.

"I-I'm with him," Cas mumbled out, finally sitting up only to lean against the back of her seat.

"That was seriously fucked up. We almost died," Rick agreed.

"So, you agree?" Morty asked, genuinely surprised that Rick did.

"Fuck yes! That w- T-this was insane! That was pure luck. I was not in control of that situation at all!" Rick cried out as Morty let out another loud sob. Cas sighed deeply, wiping the few tears from her face. "Look at this Morty. Look at my fucking hands. Look at this shit!" Rick said, holding his hands out to see them shake rapidly.

"My body hurts so bad," Cas whimpered, looking down her right thigh which shook with pain.

"Why do you keep doing this to us?!" Morty exclaimed at Rick.

"I don't know, Morty. Maybe I hate myself, maybe I think I deserve to die. I-I-I-I don't - I don't know," Rick said and Morty let out another wail. "We need a vacation," Rick settled, looking over at Cas who nodded slowly.

Cas enjoyed the time spent in the soft green robe, she sipped the beverage given to her as she walked around the alien spa that Rick found. Her hair was brushed neatly as opposed to the mess of tangles it was before. She had only just met up again with Rick and Morty, having gone off on her own to get special treatment for the pain in her leg which was now completely gone. As she walked, she gripped onto the sleeve of Rick's own robe, looping her arm through his. "Complimentary psychological detox?" One of employees asked, motioning to the door behind him with a smile. "Removes all your cognitive toxins and purifies your system," He gurgled out.

"Oof, this guy on commission or something?" Rick asked.

"I don't think they're on commission here," Cas replied. "Are you?" She asked, sipping her drink as she looked up at the alien.

"We're not on commission. There's no incentive really-" He began to gurgle out, messing up the words he spoke.

"Oh my god. Okay, listen. W-w-w-we'll try the machine. But I'd like you to try something. Try swallowing the giant ball of snot that's dangling around in the back of your throat." Rick began and Cas sighed at that, "It's disgusting. Nobody wants to hear that. That's what you do," Rick snapped, clearing his throat multiple times as an example.

"Rick," Cas chastised, glaring slightly at him.

"Okay, Rick, come on. Enough," Morty added. Cas pulled Rick into the machine, sitting next to him as Morty sat across from them.

"Man, did you hear me bite that guy's head off?" Rick asked as he sat down.

"It was hard not too," Cas replied, handing him the rest of her drink. "Geez, I really need to chill," Rick commented as the machine began to whir.

"Maybe you should go twice," Morty joked.

"Alright, mister comedy man, you don't have to bust my balls. You're not helping things," Rick commented. The machine began to shake and Cas gripped onto Rick's sleeve once again.

"Rick, is this thing supposed to be making this-" Morty was cut off by a white light and high pitched ringing.