22. the whirly dirly conspiracy

Start from the beginning

"Wait. My son asked you to take me on some kind of pity adventure to keep me from killing myself?" Jerry asked, surprised by that.

"What did you think it was?" Cas asked, glancing back at him again.

"An execution," Jerry shrugged simply.

"Geez. You really do need a win," Rick commented.

"No! I don't know. I mean, you never made me the pants so..." Jerry trailed off awkwardly.

"So, you thought we were gonna drive you into the middle of the galaxy and shove you into the vacuum of space with your dick hanging out? And we're seeing how you'd react if that were about to happen? I mean, shit, I'll make you the pants right now. Take me two seconds to make you pants. Cassie, get your feet of my dash and take control," Rick said as he began to reach around his car, taking both his hands off the wheel as he did so. Cas quickly pulled her feet from the dash, holding both hands up in front of her chest, the green wisps of energy reaching her hands. The car began to steady slightly under her influence, Rick digging around the mess of empty bottles from him and snack bags from Cas.

"I have pants at home," Jerry whined.

"Jerry, if I make pants, they'll be better than your pants at home." Rick commented, reaching up to take the wheel again. Cas put her hands down, but put her feet on the dash once more. "Also, if we wanted to kill you-"

"Yeah, I get it. It would be amazing," Jerry interrupted. "Please, take me home. I'll tell my son we had an amazing adventure."

"Well, if it's all the same, we should probably get our story straight. I think Morty would realize when we tell one story and then you tell a completely different one because you suck at improv and lying," Cas said and Rick pointed at her in agreement.

"Rick called me a master convincer!" Jerry argued.

"You believed him?" Cas asked with a slight laugh.

"Relax, Jerry, I know where to go where we can get our story straight," Rick spoke up. "And get your feet off my dash, Cas," Rick mumbled, reaching over to smack Cas' feet off his dash.

"Okay, old man," Cas teased.

"Oh, that's how it's gonna be?" Rick asked, raising his brow.

"Oh, that's how it's gonna be," Cas nodded with an innocent smile.

Rick landed steadily on the ground of the large building on the planet. It was covered by some sort of force field, though Cas knew why. It projected an immortality field that prevented death of any kind on in the area that was filled with bars, casino's and other various types of places like that. It was actually rather perfect for a vacation and one of the fancier places that Cas had seen on an adventure with Rick. It was also the smartest place to bring Jerry. "Huh, this seems kind of fancy," Jerry commented, finally fully clothed thanks to Rick.

"Jerry, for all you know, this is the equivalent of an alien truck stop. You have no frame of reference. You're in a universe beyond your imagining," Rick snapped slightly as Cas bounded over to him, gripping his hand. "But, yes, it is super fancy," Rick added as he tossed his keys to the valet.

"I mean, our job here is the make Morty happy. Unfortunately, that means we can't let you die by taking you somewhere dangerous," Cas shrugged.