"And?" Morty asked with a shrug.

"And? What more do you want tacked on to this? I turned myself into a pickle and 9/11 was an inside job?" Rick asked, annoyed that his grandson wasn't impressed and his girlfriend just kept making pickle puns.

"Was it?" Morty asked, suddenly more interested in the second half of what Rick said. "Hm, probably," Cas shrugged.

"Who cares? Global acts of terrorism happen every day." Rick said nonchalantly, "Uh, here's something that doesn't happen everyday. I'm a pickle. I'm Pickle Rick!" Rick exclaimed with excitement and Morty just stared at him with both confusion and disinterest.

"Are you going to, I mean, you know, is this the first part of some magic trick?" Morty asked.

"I don't do magic, Morty. I do science. One takes brains and the other takes dark eye liner," Rick replied bluntly.

"Well, can you move?" Cas asked, sitting semi-normally in her seat now. "Can you fly?" Morty added on.

"I wouldn't be much of a pickle if I could," Rick said.

"Alright, well, do pickles live forever or-" Morty asked but was quickly interrupted by Rick.

"Morty, stop digging for hidden layers and just be impressed. I'm a pickle," Rick responded. Which only prompted Morty to ask why anyone would even do something like that. "The reason anyone would do this, if they could, which they can't, would be because they could, which they can't." Rick explained and Cas rose a brow at that.

"Morty, Cas, we have to get going or we're gonna be late," Beth said as they entered the garage. "Where is Rick?"

"Right here, sweetie," Rick spoke up from the workbench. "I'm a pickle!"

"What?! Why would you- Look, we're running late. We have to go," Beth said with a frustrated tone of voice. Cas noticed that all of them had dressed up fairly nicely. Morty wore a button up yellow shirt, a tie and a sweater. Summer even dressed in a light pink dress and a pink sweater and Beth in a nice button up with a dress over it. Cas, however, was in a ripped pair of black jeans, an old green camo printed shirt and a leather jacket. Nothing nice and presentable like they had on. "We have an appointment downtown that was set a week ago and agreed upon by everyone, including you." Beth responded when Rick asked where they were going.

"Oh, my god. Beth, oh, it totally slipped my mind," Rick lied. "Oh geez, aw man. I'm a pickle. I mean, I don't know if I can - ooh geez."

"Rick, did you do this on purpose to get out of family counseling?" Morty accused and Cas nodded in response but Beth huffed at that.

"It's okay, Beth. I understand Morty and Cas' suspicion. I've misled them both before. Morty, turn me so we're making eye contact," Rick asked and Morty did as told, turning Rick so he was looking at both him and Cas. "I assure you, I would never find a way to get out of family therapy. I hope my lack of fingers doesn't prevent the perception of my air quotes."

"Can't you just turn yourself back into a human?" Summer asked.

"Great question, Summer. The unfortunate answer is I did this to challenge myself. And it could take hours or even days before I'm able to figure out how to return to human form," Rick once again began to lie.