19. rickmancing the stone

Start from the beginning

"Bye, dad," She said and waved, not even looking towards Jerry. "Rick, didn't you say you needed my help on an adventure immediately somewhere else - I don't care - even if it might kill us?"

"I did not, but if you're really that alienated, I'm as willing to exploit it as the next guy, church, army or Olympic Gymnastics trainer." Rick said and pulled out his portal gun and shot the portal in the middle of the garage.

"I'm ready when you are," Summer said and jumped right into the portal.

"Bitch, I was ready yest-" Rick began but his voice cut off at he jumped through the portal.

"Bye, Jerry! Have fun being an inert chuck of randomly assembled molecules drifting wherever the universe blows you with no real purpose anymore!" Cas teased with a laugh before jumping off Rick's workbench and straight into the portal.

"Morty, shoot the Mohawk guy!" Rick ordered as he drove the vehicle. Morty stood on the back of it while Summer and Cas sat in the front. Cas tried to get Rick to let her be the one covering them but Rick claimed he needed her up front. In reality, Rick just felt it would be the best position for Morty to get whatever pent up frustration from his parents divorce he had inside him out. They had been here for a few hours, looking for something Rick claimed was insanely important, and already had caught the unwanted attention of a group of men attempting to kill them.

"They all have mohawks!" Morty exclaimed.

"High fade, chartreuse with cyan highlights, layered on top," Rick clarified as Morty reloaded. "Shoot him!" Morty aimed but fell short and the man with the mohawk jumped on the car. Morty yelped and stepped back to avoid the man and Cas quickly turned, sending a blast of green energy towards the man. He was pushed off the car Cas flicked her wrist, causing one of his own people's car to run him over. Summer peaked behind as well to see the rest of the cars behind them only getting closers. "Good job, Cassie! Get in the game, Morty!" Rick shouted.

"Give me your flask!" Summer asked loudly and Rick didn't hesitate to hand it to her. Cas watched as Summer took a sip from it and spit it into the pipes on top of the car, causing it to go fast and Cas cheered loudly. "Way to go, Summer!"

"Holy shit, Summer for the win!" Rick called out.

"I fucking love post-apocalyptic versions of Earth!" Summer shouted as she stood up in the front seat. "Hell yeah!" Cas shouted loudly and thrust her fist into the air.

"Here we go," Rick grinned as his device began to beep rapidly. He stopped quickly at a crater and stepped out of the car, Cas climbing over and jumping off the hood of it. "Isotope 322. This stuffs so powerful, Morty, it makes Isotope 465 look like Isotope 317." Rick explained as he pulled a small glowing green rock from the ground with a pair of tweezers before placing it in the jar he brought.

"Uh, huh, yeah. Is it powerful enough to keep those guys from murdering us?" Morty asked and pointed to the band of cars still come towards them. "Summer!" He exclaimed as he saw Summer pick up the sawed off shotgun Morty left in the car.

"Hold on. I want to try something," She said and walked towards the cars.

Rick, however, pulled his portal gun out and shot a portal at the ground. "Rick, can we not leave without my sister?" Morty asked.