C H A P T E R O N E

'When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world' 

    (yes i'm using the salvatore boarding house as the crucifix academy home)

-

The Academy didn't look any different from 12 years ago. Dianne currently stood in front of the academy, staring at the upside down crucifix that was embedded into the door. She wanted to go in but she was scared to. She knew her presence would be greeted with rejection and betrayal.

She wondered if her key would still work. She hoped it wouldn't. Maybe if the door was locked, she wouldn't have to stay. She could turn around and go back home. Dianne knew it was cowardly of her. Keeping her dignity was her priority. But then again, she had none. What was left of her dignity was gone the moment she left the academy without her siblings.
Taking a deep breath in, she dug into her pockets and dragged out two keys that hooked on one key ring. One for the front door of the academy, and another she never spoke of. The hope of the key not fitting shattered as it slipped into the keyhole easily and turned-- a click indicating that the door unlocked.
The door didn't creak when she opened it. It swung open silently as she pushed it open. The smell of fresh wooden polish reached her nose as the warm air from inside hit her face. She was greeted with the same old foyer. The only thing keeping the entry bare was the furniture set off to the sides of the room, yet filled with war knick knacks.

Dianne hoped to at least see a small change but then again, her father never was one for redecorating. Though he still managed to keep the wood a polished dark brown color. Different artifacts and paintings hung on the walls, throughout the corridors and rooms. One taking its place right above the fireplace --a giant painting of a large owl.

She smiled to herself as she looked up and the painting. She knew exactly who the owl was.

"You're home early." a sweet and delicate voice said, the sound of fluttering wings coming from behind the girl.
"Hello, mother." Diane greeted as she turned around to look at the giant white owl that sat, perched onto its stand. Most people would have found the girl talking to an owl bizarre. Of course, what was more bizarre was the owl responding.
"Welcome back home, Dianne. Your father would have loved for you to be here today."

"Not sure about that...he hated me." Dianne denied, looking back at the painting of her mother. The owl's orange eyes closed for a moment as she bowed her head.

"Even so, you were still his daughter and this will always be your home."

"Don't bother, I won't be staying. I know you have good intentions, Zuzu but this isn't my home anymore. I just came to pay my respects to the old man." Dianne tightened her bag to her shoulder and left the living room, walking into the corridor where photos of her siblings and her were and up the stairs to her room. As far as she was aware, none of her siblings had yet to arrive. She also made a note to avoid Zuzu until she left.

Her room didn't change, it had the same old blankets and sheets indicating her father didn't have the maid clean in this room. Which was surprising as her father was one for cleanliness. A thin layer of dust on all surfaces. She had gotten a cloud of it when she dumped her bag on her bed. However her sheets got dusty was beyond her. It was like no one had touched the room in decades.

Letting out a sigh as she accessed her room, she felt awkward. Through her eyes, she felt unfamiliar with the room. As if it was never hers to begin with, like staying over for the night at a friends house (if she had ever had a sleepover).
She opted to look around the place, and have a walk down memory hill but decided to dig her headphones out of her pocket and grab her mp3 player from her bag. Blondie blasted through her headphones as she cleaned up her room, dusting and changing. She realized the room was quite bigger than she remembered, and even had her own bathroom.

Dianne lost track of time as she moved around her room, eventually settling on her bed. Only sitting up when she hairs on the back of her neck stood up. She felt someone enter the house. The ginger wondered if she should go downstairs to see who it was or to stay in the room. She felt as the unidentified being moved around the house, the friction of their clothing creating a discharge of electrons that she followed.
The stranger would soon find their way to the stairs leading up to the bedrooms. Her room was on the fair right straight across from the stairs. There seemed to be a momentary pause at the top of the stairs. By now, Dianne had switched her mp3 player off and taken off her headphones. She could now hear the soft footsteps of the person getting closer to her room. Electricity crackled softly around her hand as she saw the door handle turn. Extending her hand out towards the door, a bolt of electricity hurtled from her hand and toward the handle of the door, coating it with an electrical current in which electrocuted the person on the other side of the door.

"Son of a bitch!" a deep gruff voice shouted as they yanked their hand away from the door. Dianne dropped her hand over her mouth as she realized who it was. Reese, Sin 2, Skater Boy "Reese! Oh my god, I'm sorry! I didn't kno-" Dianne jumped up to inspect his hand but Reese pulled away from her. "What the hell are you doing here Dianne?" Reese gripped his hand, keeping it out of her reach. Dianne dropped hand and looked to the floor like a child who just got scolded. "Dad--" "Yeah, I know. He's dead. So what, you wanted to pay his respects to him?" Reese interrupted his sister rudely. "You're not welcome here." Reese said a little more quieter this time. Dianne wanted to say something, anything but she didn't want her pride to get in the way. "I deserve to be here as much as you are, Reese." Dianne whispered. "I'll be leaving as soon as the funeral is over." Reese just scoffed having nothing else to say before turning and walking away. Dianne stood at the doorway of her room, her pride feeling tarnished. 

~

[:Edited:]

A beginning of a new story, which means the beginning of a possible new journey. 

At the time being, I have currently taken interest in TUA and Supernatural stories have been put on hold. 

But until then, I hope to see old and new friends enjoy this story. I've been working on my writing, and I hope it shows in this book. Maybe, maybe not, who knows? But anyway, I'll stop talking now. 

Until next time, goodbye, goodnight, and good day! <3