Current Times

"Finding one's purpose in the world's warring state was not as hard as it is today."

So, what is it that has changed as the years passed?

The majority of people are living a free life in current times, by that I mean that the majority of us have the privilege to have our opinion as individuals, our dreams, our goals. Unlike our predecessors, we don't have to participate in wars unwillingly, our paths have finally opened. We can choose whatever it is that we want to be and that, is where it gets complicated. With so many options in front of us, we cannot see our true purpose that is lying behind these obstructions.

Finding one's purpose is tough itself, but achieving it is even tougher than that.

Let's take an example, there is a guy named 'Alex' and his actual purpose is to write and sing songs that soothe people, he is going to create history if he will follow that path BUT currently he isn't getting any labels that will sign him, he was raised by a single mother and right now she isn't in a condition to be able to pay his expenses. Now Alex has two choices, he could either give up on his mother and let her work even if it kills her or he could give up on his purpose and start doing something completely different because currently his music isn't feeding him.

We human beings are the only species that have feelings, these feelings sometimes push us to break our limits, but sometimes they just hinder us in achieving our true purpose. We sometimes have to give in to these feelings. So the question here is that, "Should we or shouldn't we give in to these feelings?"

Suppose, if we give into these feelings, we will not be able to achieve our purpose, but we will be able to do something that actually will feed us and the ones who are close to us.

On the other hand, if we don't give into these feelings and continue to follow the path leading to our true purpose, we will one day for sure achieve it but what if our purpose doesn't meet our current living condition? If we still go on to pursue it, then surely our close ones who need our support will suffer and there is also a catch in this, the society will judge us. We as humans are social animals and that is both a pro and a con, it has resulted in us thinking "What the other person is thinking about us". If we do let our close ones suffer because of our purpose and passion, society will judge us- we will be called "Selfish", "Emotionless", "Hollow" and the list goes on and on. We can do anything but we just can't face isolation. Can we? If we are isolated, then that will, no doubt, make our mental state worse and worse and just thinking about it makes you give you up on your purpose. Doesn't it?

"So, should we not achieve our purpose?"

No, the thing is that in current times only the ones who have the appropriate living conditions can truly find and achieve their true purpose.

"Can the people with less fortunate living conditions achieve their purpose?"

Of course they can but they will have to work hard for it, firstly they will have to do something that will make them money, money enough to satisfy both their needs and the needs of their close ones and when finally they have fulfilled that they need to work hard again but this time this path of hard work will surely lead them to their true purpose.

Easier said than done, huh?

Sometimes even the most fortunate people cannot achieve their purpose.

Suppose if there is a person named Olivia, she is destined to be a writer, but in current times writers don't get a guaranteed pay, so that will obviously put her family in a situation where they want her to have a job where she gets a guaranteed pay because if she doesn't then the society will begin its judgment, "Unemployed", "NEET", "Loser".

In the end, it all depends on the society, will it allow us to be what we are destined to become or will it put us in the situation where we have to do something completely different?

But even if we get to that point, even if we are able to achieve our purpose, will we be able to be truly free?