chapter f o u r

3. Find out what your crush is passionate about.

If you want to ~really~ get to know someone, find out what they care about. If you see your crush is volunteering at Planned Parenthood, ask them what draws them to the organization, or maybe see if you can volunteer together. Jean Smith, a social psychologist says, "If you get someone to talk about something they like, it's going to put that person in a good mood, and you become part of the good vibes."

"Hey, mind if I sit here?" You asked as you slid down to the chair in front of him even if he didn't answer you. Though, it was quite apparent what it is since he was nodding repeatedly- an action to which you found endearing.

"May I ask why you're here- Please don't misunderstand, it's not like I don't want you here," he said before coughing to ease his awkward self. You plopped your head on your palm as your elbows rested on the table. "Mina keeps on teasing me 'bout you," you sighed before continuing your statement. "She keeps on saying that you have the eyes for me and all that shit."

Todoroki could almost feel his left side heating up. Was it that obvious that what his classmate said was true? He didn't mind if others thought that way, in fact, he just cared about your response to this. "Ah, is that so," he said as he continued eating, though, the light red dusting his cheeks was visible to the eyes.

"What is your reaction to that?" He inquired, hoping that he was not too obvious. "Well you got the brains and you're also kind albeit you found it hard sometimes to show it," you paused as you stared at him, making him feel the jitters. "And also, you're cute. You're so perfect that it would be a miracle if someone like you ends up liking someone like me."

He found himself furrowing his eyebrows at your last statement. Did you always think of yourself like that? When in fact, you're the most-

"But anywho, did you like the movie?!" Your eyes sparkled as you asked him that. You also questioned him that before, but nevermind, he liked- loved talking to you. "It was favorable. Do you like animated cartoons that much?" He queried, hoping that he wasn't 'that' pushy or anything.

"I love it! Man, we should do some binge-watching once the weekends come! You know, I have a feeling that you'll like 'The Kiss of the Gods' and 'Part-Time Maid- What? The President?!'! Those two are one of my favorites, yes, we've got to watch that!" you rambled as the smile on your face never disappeared.

Todoroki loved you like this. Whenever you talked about something you were passionate about, your speaking never seemed to cease. He didn't mind that, after all, your voice was mellifluous. Your hands made these kinds of gestures and the happiness in your eyes could be seen from a mile away. He felt like he was being too cheesy, but he was only saying the truth.

"Ah, sorry 'bout that. I tend to get too excited when talking about, uh, this." You laughed sheepishly as you rubbed the nape of your neck. Todoroki just shook his head before flashing you his small, yet award-winning smile. "Please don't apologize for something trivial. I love hearing you talk," he said. Was he being too forward? He only wanted you to know that he liked you without him truly speaking it out. He wanted you to notice this with just how he was acting around you.

"You know, if you keep talking like that, I'll be forced to believe that you actually like me," you pointed at him with your chopsticks before eating one of your ordered sushi.

"It isn't that far from the truth actually," not the best way to confess, but oh well, it was worth it seeing you get a little bit confused before you exploded into a red hue.

"Wait, Todoroki, are you confe-" you were cut off because of the bell. You tried to continue your words but he just stood up before holding a hand outstretched towards you. "Let us go to our classroom or else we'll get quite the scolding from our lecturers."

Saved by the bell.