Chapter 15

Sorry! Am late!

"So, why are we heading to your place, Rob?"

"Haven't you just saw broken Inhibitor ring?! It's very important to Shadow! I expected more than that from you, Sonic!"

"I know it's broken, I mean why are we going to your lab, Doc."

"Of course we're gonna make new one or send him back!"

Wait, send him back?

"Rob, please don't tell me that you installed a bug inside my house again."

"... Oops?"

Ugh, this grandpa... I'm gonna tell Tails to put some bug dictator inside the house.

"I'm gonna let this happen one last time. You are going to remove the bug when we go back to my home."

I glared at him through the back mirror.

"Are we clear, Rob?"

"Okay okay, I'll remove it! Just focus on driving!"

There was a silence after, making the ride quiet. There were only a few miles left, which means we are going to be at Rob's place in a few minutes.

"Ah, finally! Home sweet home! Let's get in everyone!"

We followed Ivo in to his house, letting him guide us. When I saw Shadow, he was behind us, unable to catch the speed because of his injured leg. I waited for Shadow to come closer and I picked him up, only to be yelled.

"Jesus, Shad, I'm trying to help you!"

"I don't care! I never asked you to help me!"

"Nope! Am gonna help you even if you didn't asked for help! You are unable to match the speed! That means you need help!"

He than just grunted and tried his best to relax his body.

"Oh, Sonic! You did brought the prototype, yes? Can you hand it to me?"

"Uh, sorry but no hands. Tails, can you take it out for me? It's inside of my jacket. Left one."

"Got it."

As Tails handed it to Robotnic, he opened the door to his lab and told me to lay him on the table, which wasn't made of metal.

"So Tails, did you made new one exactly same like this one?"

"Of course."

"Did you analyzed how much energy he need to store?"

"I think so?"

"Did you measured it according to his feature?"

"... No for that."

"Hmm... I think sending him back is the best option."

"What? Already?"

"Yes. We don't know if his and ours Chaos Energy contains the same amount, we don't know how much he need the Energy or so. And I already have device to send him back to his own Universe, which I used long time ago. "

"Is that the only way?"

Ivo turned around to face me, handing me his Inhibitor rings back to me.

"Yes. It's best for him."

I sighed heavily. I knew I should let him go but I didn't expected that this moment was going to come this fast.

"All I need to do is lead him into the machine, let him grab the Emerald, make him think about the place where he came from. Then, he will say the magic word and poof! He'll be back to his own Universe."

"Are you sure it's safe?"

"100%. I told you I already used it in the past."

"Fine."

"Good! Now, Shadow! Please follow me. I'll show you where machine is."

Ivo made his way to Shadow, who followed him. Seems like I'm not going to get goodbye from him. I mean, it was just too short! If I had more time, I could've got closer to him. But there was no luck. I only watched them going into another room. There was a huge glass, so I was able to see them. Shadow got on to the machine, and Ivo handed him an Emerald. Than he closed his eyes. Ivo turned the machine on and I could feel the Chaos Energy flowing out from the machine. Shadow murmured something. There was a bright light. And the next moment I opened my eyes, there was only red Chaos Emerald lying on the floor.