16 ☆ amelioration

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

AMELIORATION

"'i just—i just want to be able to choose what i want for once

"'i just—i just want to be able to choose what i want for once.' he lets out a long, slow exhale. 'so yeah, i guess i was pretty fucking jealous.'"

☆☆☆

If the Weasley twins had access to a genie, their three wishes would go like this:
1) open their joke shop.
2) vanquish You-Know-Who.
3) send Dolores Umbridge to Romania to get eaten by dragons.

"This blows," Fred mutters from the Great Lake, sullenly watching the Gryffindor quidditch team practice in the distance. Angelina had been absolutely furious with them and Harry but had gotten her hands on a few replacements, which calmed her down considerably.

"I think I'd commit murder to be playing quidditch again," George sighs.

"Hello, you two," Eunbyeol Moon, in all her Ravenclaw glory, is approaching with a bright white smile on her face. George thinks if Hogwarts ever needed a model for whatever reason, Eunbyeol would be the perfect poster girl for the school. Smart, kind, unnaturally attractive in a uniform that falls well within the Hogwarts dress code regulations—he wonders how someone like her exists, and how someone like her is friends with him. "Doing alright?" She sinks onto the grass and smiles at him so earnestly, he swears his knees would've buckled if he was standing.

"No. I'm sad," Fred sighs, oblivious to George's internal panic. He flops back onto the grass dramatically. "Sloper is probably rubbish compared to me." Jack Sloper, a fourth year Gryffindor, and Andrew Kirke, a sixth year, had replaced Fred and George on the team.

"But Ginny's on the team now!" Eunbyeol points out. "She'll be a great Seeker."

"Doesn't mean Sloper and Kirke will be great Beaters," George frowns, picking at the grass beneath him.

"Come on," she jostles George with her elbow, "Now you can focus on your business! And maybe not blowing up the cauldrons in Potions."

"I don't even blow anything up anymore," George protests. "That's all Fred!"

"No, that's all Lee," Fred corrects. "I am brilliant at Potions, I'll have you know. I run a joke shop, for crying out loud!"

"I do wonder how Lee got into N.E.W.T. level Potions, sometimes," George agrees sagely, nodding at his twin. "He's dumber than a garden gnome sometimes."