Chapter 8: No One Wants to Go to Jakku

Start from the beginning

"Yeah but it's funny."

"It's not."

"It is."

"Aurora."

"Din." He looks at me and looks back through the binoculars.

"There he is."

"Lemme see." I take the binoculars out of his hands causing him to sigh. I spot a yellow Togruta.

We walk down the hill and enter Jakkus version of a city. Which is just booths set up ran by criminals.

"How are you not hot wearing all of that?" I ask Din as we walk to where we spotted Togruta.

"I'm just not."

"Oh to be a Mandalorian." I wipe the sweat from my nose.

"We'll be back on the ship soon cyar'ika."

"Not soon enough." We spot him talking to a vendor, "What's the plan?" No response. "Please tell me you have a plan."

"I thought we could just grab him."

"Are you serious?" I say with a deadpan tone in my voice.

"I figured we would just," But its too late he spotted us, and he's booking it fast. Din and I chase after him. He runs ahead of me because he has the advantage of longer legs. As the Togruta runs he knocks things down in his path slowing down Din.

Instead of trying to jump over everything. I take a different route to cut him off. Before I have time to pull my blaster out I run into him. No I mean I literally run into him.

His first reaction is to punch me in the face which hits me hard."Well, that was rude." I punch him in the face. Making him stumble backward. Then I kick him in the stomach he grunts in pain. He bumps into the table grabbing the knives (which is just my luck to fight next to a knife booth). I pull out my blaster and its a standstill. "Ever heard the phrase don't bring a knife to a blaster fight?" Where the hell is Din?

He throws the knife it hits me in my right arm which is the one I hold my blaster with. I drop my arm is the searing pain. I see him running towards me and I use all my strength to shoot him in the stomach. He drops to the floor with a thud and I stand there with my arm bleeding wondering where the hell my Mandalorian.

My questions get answered when I see him running towards me out of the corner of my eye. He is panting hard. He's looking at the ground with his hands on his knees. It's quite funny actually.

"Nice of you to join us."

"Sorry," Pant, "Ran," Pant, "A lot."

"Cry me a river old man. Do you have a knife in your arm?"

He looks up right away. He grabs the sides of his cape and rips off a piece, "This is gonna hurt cyar'ika," He puts his hand on the handle of the knife and pulls it out slowly. I wince only a little at the pain having experienced a lot worse. After the knife is out he drops it to the ground. He wraps the ripped piece of the cape around the wound tight, "That should hold until we get back to the ship." He puts the bounty over his shoulder and we start our walk back.

-

"I can't believe you let him outrun you," I say with a laugh.

"He was fast." The batca patch on my wound should have it healed by tomorrow. I don't even notice the wound at this point. We sit in the cockpit and the kid snores peacefully next to us.

"Can't believe I had to fight him by myself."

"You won didn't you?"

"Of course I did I'm awesome." Din puts the ship into hyperdrive, "Where to next? And please don't tell me another desert planet."

"Not sure cyar'ika, maybe a backwater planet we can lay low on."

"Sounds nice."

Before it can sound nice for too long though Din gets a transmission, "My friend, if you are receiving this transmission, that means you are alive. You might be surprised to hear this, but I am alive too. I guess we can call it even. A lot has happened since we last saw each other. The man who hired you is still here, and his ranks of ex-Imperial guards have grown. They have imposed despotic rule over my city, which has impede the livelihood of the Guild. We consider him an enemy, but we cannot get close enough to take him out. If you would consider one last commission, I will very much make it work your while. You have been successful so far in staving off their hunters, but they will not stop until they have their prize. So here is my proposition. Return to Nevarro. Bring the child as bait. I will arrange an exchange, and provide loyal Guild member as protection. Once we get near the client, you kill him, and we both get what we want. If you succeed, you keep the child, I will have your name cleared with the Guild, and you can your new Rebel Commander girlfriend can live peacefully. A man of honor should not be forced to live in exile. I await your arrival with optimism."

The transmission ends and Din doesn't say anything.

"You cannot be considering that?" Nothing, "Din they tried to kill you and the kid. This could be a trap."

He turns around, "What if it's not?"

"What if it is?"

"Then we fight our way out like we always do and if it's not our names will be cleared."

"Were gonna need help."

"Who?"

"You think Cara will do it?" While I haven't met Cara I know she saved Din before hopefully, she will help us again.

He turns around to I assume set us on route for where ever Cara is.

He turns around again and looks at me probably seeing the worry in my face. He places his gloved hand on my face, "Don't worry cyar'ika everything will be okay."