Chapter One: The Child

It's a nice breezy day on Naboo

It's a nice breezy day on Naboo. I walk into one of the many cantinas, I order a drink, and I sit down in one of the booths in the back. I take out a book and begin to read. 

Ever since the empire fell 5 years ago I've resided on the planet I always dreamed of living on, Naboo. The people are nice, the scenery is beautiful, and almost no crime happens here.

The door to the cantina opens and I can feel people around me getting tense and I hear whispers. I look up to see what the fuss is about and I see the same silver Mandalorian from Tatooine in front of me. Behind him is a floating pod of some kind. It's closed so I can't see what's inside.

I put the book down as he sits across from me. "I'm not here to hurt you, Aurora."

He remembers my name. It's been years how does he remember? He only ever saw it on the tracking forb.

"That's what somebody who wants to hurt me would say."

"Look Jabas dead anyway. You're safe." I look up into his visor feeling the weight being lifted off my shoulders. He adjusts in his seat then says quieter, "I need your help."

"Help? Me? You want my help? Why me?"

"Because you owe me."

"I can't be the only person in the galaxy who owes you something."

He takes a moment, "I have this...kid." He glances at the pod still floating there.

"You have a kid? A Mandalorian has a kid?"

"It's not mine mine. I..."

"Adopted it?"

"Sure."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Watch it while I collect bounties. Help take care of the ship. Stuff like that."

"Okay. I'll do it."

"Really? Just like that?"

I look around and shrug "What else am I doing?"

-

We start to walk back to his ship, "So can I actually see this kid?" He walks in front of me while the pod floats by his side. Why I chose to trust him, I don't know. I mean he let me go the last time, yeah but he's still a Mandalorian. It's not like my life was super fun and exciting anyway might as well babysit a mystery kid and hang out with an even more mysterious Mandalorian. 

"You can on the Razor Crest where it's safe."

"Razor crest?"

"My ship."

"Ohh.."

He stops walking, "Wait. Don't you have a family to say goodbye too? You're not coming back who knows how long."