𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐨 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Meet me at hangar three-five in half an hour. Bring two speeder bikes, and give me the tracking fob,"

"Three," Kenna says, pushing past Din and looking up at Toro who smirks down at her. "Bring three, I'm coming as well,"

"K...Please,"

"No, I'm sick and tired of you thinking I can't handle myself!"

"Give me the tracking fob," Din holds out his gloved hand but Toro destroys the tracking gob instead of giving it to the Mandalorian.

"Don't worry. Got it all memorized," He winks at Kenna again who smiles beneath her mask.

"Half an hour," He moves Kenna out of Toro's sight.

"Looks like you're stuck with me now, partners," They leave and she turns to Din.

"What was that in there, Mr Overprotective Mandalorian," Kenna hisses.

"I saw the way he looked at you,"

"Oh so now you can sense human emotions?" He doesn't respond. "Well, maybe I like him," Din stops in his tracks and turns to face her. "What, can I not like another man?"

"You're on the run, you shouldn't be having feelings for a man...like that,"

"Oh, but with Omera it was fine," He stalks up to Kenna, angry.

"I'm trying to protect you,"

"No, you're just trying to make sure no other man looks twice at me," She pushes past him, adjusting her mask as she heads towards the hanger, Din in tow.

Kenna enters his ship, suddenly seeing the safe room hatch open and the child gone. She turns around and sees Din racing out to of the ship.

"HEY!" He screams at Peli who wakes up, startled.

"I'm awake! I'm awake!"

"Where is he!?" He questions a pit droid that folds up in fear rather than answering.

"Quiet! Oh...," Rocking a now crying child in her arm. "Shh it's okay. You woke it up. Do you have any idea how long it took me to get it to sleep?"

"Give him to me," Din seethes however Kenna breathes in relief seeing the child is safe.

"Not so fast! You can't just leave a child all alone like that. You know... you've got an awful lot to learn about raising a young one," She glances at Kenna. "At least it has some form of a mother. Anyway, I started the repair on the fuel leak. There you go. I had a couple of setbacks I wanna talk to you about. You know I didn't use any droids as requested, so it took me a lot longer than I expected. But I figured you were good for the money since you have an extra mouth to feed," She turns to Din.

"Thank you," Peli looks surprised.

"Oh," She follows Kenna and Din as they leave the hanger. "Oh I guess I was right. You got a job, didn't you? You know it's costing me a lot of money to keep these droids even powered up," Toro waits with only two speeders.

"Hey, Mando, girlie. Whaddya think? Not too shabby, huh?" Din inspects the bike. "Whaddya expect? This ain't Corellia,"

"We said three," Din says, glaring at Toro.

"Sorry, I could only get two,"

"I'm still coming," Kenna says boldly and steps forward. The men share a look and Toro smiles widely.

"You can ride with me,"

"Sure," He gets on the bike and Kenna hops on behind him, wrapping her arms around his toned body. Din stares at them in jealousy as Toro sends him a cocky smile and wink and mouths the words 'You snooze you lose'. He growls and gets on his bike and Toro races off, Din following close behind. He tries to ignore the chattering and laughter coming from the wanna be guild members' bike but he cannot; why did Kenna have this impact on him? Why did he feel protective? Envious? Insecure? Wait, insecure? Why is Din Djarin, a Mandalorian, feeling insecure around a woman he's only known for a few days!? He looks over the dunes and stops, causing Toro to stop.