Chapter Four- Daddy who hasn't been in my life say what?!

Okay so I didn’t proof read I just wrote it. Read Authors note for further explanation. Vomment and sorry for any grammatical mistakes! Love ya

____________________________________________________

I was in utter disbelief. I could feel the color in my face disappearing. I shakily responded.

“M- My father? Are you joking mom because this isn’t funny at all” I said not sure if I should cry or panic.

“I’m sorry for intruding so abruptly. I wanted to see you” my father interjected looking at me. He opened his mouth as to say something but then quickly closed it again. His eyes flicked to my mother then to me again. What was I suppose to say? Its okay I know I’ve never seen you before but do you wanna move in, pretend nothing ever happened and be the father figure you were suppose to be to me. It was too much to handle all at once and my brain shut down.

It was if my limbs had rusted to a still.  I suddenly realized I was holding my breathe and gasped in air. I was going to say something but suddenly felt nauseous. Turning on my heel I ran back upstairs into my room shutting the door behind me and I leaned against it only to hear my name being called.

Jasmine sat up on my bed eyeing me curiously. Then she broke the silence in the room.

“Tara you look like you’ve seen a ghost” she said furrowing her eyebrows.

I gulped down the lump in my throat. “Jas I feel like I just met one”

“What are you talking about?” Concern was in her voice

“I just met my father” My gaze went to the floor. I slid down, with my back scraping against the door until I landed with a soft thump. Sobs racked my body as I curled into a tight ball only wanting to shut the rest of the world out. I felt two warms hands hug me. I was crying in her chest when she whispered into my ear.

 “isn’t this a good thing? I mean I know you don’t know him but since we have been friends I always remember you mentioning how you wanted to see your dad.” I tilted my head up slightly towards her to see a questioning look suddenly appeared on her face

The sobs subsiding I meditated on what she had said. It was true I always had this fantasy that he would come home and say he never meant to hurt us by leaving and we would be a happy family. I was older now and I knew thoughts like that would be nothing more than a dream. The truth was I had given up on a lot of things but Jasmine was right. He was here in my living room here to see me. I couldn’t let him slip away this time now that I was capable of making my own decisions for myself.

I wanted him in my life didn’t I?

I did.

I smiled weakly at my friend and went into the bathroom to wash my face.

“That’s the spirit!” she all but yelled at the bathroom doorway scaring me half to death.

“Jas you scared me!” I clutched my chest to stop my heart from bursting out of my chest. I already had enough problems I didnt need health issues on top of that.

~*~

I was halfway down the stairs when I heard my mother’s voice. It sounded like they were having a private conversation but I couldn’t leave. I wanted to find out something about this guy. I stopped dead in my tracks and silently listened to the conversation happening a few feet away from me.

“I knew she would act like this when she saw you” My mother’s voice said is a hush whisper.

“I wanted to see my little girl”

“You should have thought of that before leaving us without a goodbye”

“I had to leave!” he said in a desperate tone. With a sigh he continued.

“The mafia wanted big money. It was either I left and got the money I owed or stayed and have them kill the people I love the most”. I began to hyperventilate. He was in the mafia? That type of thing really existed? Why would he join such a blood thirsty gang? He seemed like such a smart man. Although I literally only met him for about two minutes.  I pushed the thoughts and questions that were filling my head and focused in on the conversation.

My mom broke the silence this time “why would you put yourself through that type of trouble?  You have no idea how many times I’ve cried myself to sleep or have to stare Tara in the face and not be able to give her a straight answer on where or how her father is doing. And the sad part is that even though you put us through so much I still love you” I could hear her begin to sob. I took a deep breathe and trudged down the stairs this is going to be one interesting night.

____________________________________________________

Authors Note: Okay yes I know I have not updated this in a while but honestly I just couldn’t be bothered to update for a while. So I  have 9th grade regents next week and  I said what the heck I might as well update it before  I go crazy with the studying and what not so hope you enjoyed. Oh and I will try my best to update regularly starting next week. :]