I cant really hide it anymore. Yujin, she ...

[Chaewon's POV]

Back to the Day of Yujin's surgery

Come on ... Yujin-ah ... please ... you cant do this. Tears were already falling. Our head is already doing his best for her.

Yujin-ah ... You promised us that you'll treat us once you get your first paycheck ... come on ... you have to fight this.

We were told to use the defibrilliator as our head told us that he's gonna do it. In my mind I was already praying for her heartbeat to go back to normal. The surgery went well and everything was okay. But her pulse was ... I dont know anymore.

"Clear!" I felt my whole body shaking as I stare at my precious friend being defibrilliated. She's the youngest in our group of friends and this is what's happening!?

The first one failed, so we did it again and again. I requested them to not give up on her but her body was the one who's giving up. I dont know why but her heart  seems to want to stop beating.

Yujin-ah ... I cant loose you or anyone ... Yujin-ah ... please ... Then it was like a miracle. Her heart started beating normally again.

"This might be temporary so we'll have to check on her and just wait" we were all checking and waiting for what Yujin's body will do. Deep inside I know that Yujin will survive ... she has to.

After a few minutes her vitals changed again. Seeing her like this is one of the most scariest thing that I could imagine. I wanted to cry out loud and scream about her. But I couldnt, not now. I tried to keep my tears but some of them escaped.

Even a few of my coworkers were looking at me. They already know my relationship with Yujin. That's what makes us work even harder.

We used the defibrilliator again. And this time i'm really scared. Yujin-ah ...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Time of death 9:01 pm"

[Yuri's POV]

Days later ...

She died.

I dont know what else to say. My tears are already dried out from constantly crying for three years. But right now, it seems like it'll never dry out. It's like an endless well.

Why do people around me tend to just leave? Yujin was also a close friend. We might've been friends for only a year or so before I left. But our time together was very meaningful, she was there for me when Yena unnie tried to ditch me at times.

She would sometimes call and just ask if I was okay. 'Cause she knows that if Yena unnie is having a hard time, i'm also having a hard time.

I cant imagine that she's ... her parents are still in the hospital. They were grieving for their daughter, parents were grieving for their child. They wouldnt believe it at first, they wanted it to be a not funny prank. But it wasnt.

Why does Yujin have to leave instead of me? Is this a curse, maybe? I want to replace her, she should be living a full life with her family and friends. But why? Why would this happen to her!?

HOW COULD SOMEONE AS PRECIOUS AS HER DIE!? I cant believe this world anymore. If they want to take someone out then take me!

TAKE AWAY MY LIFE! And let Yujin live. But I know that even if I scream from the top of my lungs. Nothing's really gonna happen. It's not like I can bring her back.

Wait ... I looked around the room. There's something strange happening here. I also felt this at the hospital earlier. Can it be!?

No ... am I dead? I've been having this strange feeling since I got there. Not only because of Yena unnie's call but everything. These events ... it seems to be a nightmare.

I'm not dead yet am I?

Maybe i'm in a state where i'm imagining scenarios. Yes! This is a dream ... that is exactly what this is. A terrible dream that I somehow need to escape from. I bet this is all caused by those expired ramen.

Knowing that this is a dream, I dont have to worry anymore. Yujin isnt dead ... she cant be and Yena unnie isnt in a comatose. This is just a dream that my brain wants me to believe. Yes ... yes ... I get it now.

I went back to the hospital and went to Yena unnie's room. Her parents were there but i'm a bit shy to be with them, I went to where Chaewon was.

She was in Yujin unnie's previous room. I entered and saw that her face was swollen and her eyes were already red. I thought of comforting her but then again ... this is a dream.

I went next to her and she didnt even look at me. "I tried my best to save her ..." she continued to cry. Wow ... this dream is totally weird. Everything around me doesnt seem to be real anymore.

"Why cry unnie?" She looked at me, her eyes were a bit scary this time. "DONT YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!?"

"But ... she didnt die. All this is just a dream, You might not believe me because your also a part of my imagination"