{7} A Friendly Gamble

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Suzume sighed as she entered the gym with letters in hand. It had only been two weeks since the school year started and she had received multiple confessions and love letters.

She shook her head, 'How can one catch feelings and get the courage to confess in two weeks?? I don't even know them,'

Suna glanced at Suzume when she walked in, and then took a look at her exasperated expression. He walked over to the girl, "Another confession huh?"

Suzume replied without looking at the boy, "Another four actually."

Over the two weeks, she had come to be closer with the second years in particular. As for the club itself, she fit right in. Suzume acted as a peacekeeper, but she was chaotic enough to get along with the members. After all, you'd need a chaotic person to get along with the utter definition of chaos.

Practice began and Suzume watched by the sidelines. The match progressed as both teams gradually gained points. Atsumu tossed one towards Osamu who wasn't able to reach the height the ball was at. He missed the spike.

"Samu, ya scrub! Why couldn't ya get that one?!" Atsumu shouted at his twin.

"And why can't ya learn how to set not so high?! With yer oh so brilliant skills why can't ya toss at a height I can reach?!" Osamu retorted, on the verge of attacking Atsumu.

The twins glared at each other as they exchanged insults and petty arguments. Soon, it turned into a bickering contest. Both parties were starting to become even more infuriated by the second, the rest face-palmed. Coach Kurosu sighed before opening his mouth to put an end to the argument, but he was interrupted by Suzume stopping him.

Coach Kurosu went along with her wishes as she had a stone cold expression on her face, void of any emotion. She walked over to the basket and grabbed a volleyball as the rest, with an exception of the twins, turned to look at what she was up to. She then tossed the ball and served it into Atsumu's head. The blond haired boy recoiled sideways at the impact.

Mouths dropped.

Osamu flinched at the scene unfolding right in front of him. He looked at Atsumu on the ground before turning to Suzume. Seeing her, he started to tremble slightly as he fearfully awaited her next actions.

"We'll deal with that guy later but," Suzume began, referring to Atsumu laying on the ground, "But," she turned to Osamu, "I'm confiscatin' yer snacks for 5 days."

The others swore they literally saw Osamu's soul leaving his body. Leaving the grey haired twin to zone out in his sufferings, Suzume walked over to Atsumu, still on the ground. She lightly smacked him, but gained no response.

"Get up, or we're not havin' sushi for dinner tomorrow. I know how precious fatty tuna is to ya," Suzume threatened.

Atsumu stood up nonchalantly, acting as if nothing happened. Suzume sighed before returning to the bench. The rest of practice continued smoothly with no more arguments, and time seemed to breeze by so fast. Before they knew it, it was already time for dismissal. The second years were tasked with collecting the stray volleyballs, which was obviously a terrible idea as they took their time doing their assigned task.