"We?? Who is with you??" I asked, in a hope of hearing the one name that makes my tine little heart beat like crazy.

"Uhhh....it's Jeremy from our class." he replied and I pouted.

"Okay. See you later then. Bubye." I hung up.

__________________________

After texting Daniel about the party, I went to get ready. Daniel always insists that I atleast text him about my whereabouts so that he knows where I am. He is a very protective elder brother. My friends back in New York always mocked me about this but I never minded it. We look out for each other. Our parents' died in an unfortunate car accident. All we have is each other and we don't want to lose each other. We know how it feels like losing our family. We have been through it once and we don't want to be in that painful position ever again. Although Daniel never blamed me for our parents' death, I know it's my fault. He has loved and protected me exactly the way they would have done if they were alive. I owe everything to my lovely big brother.

Putting my thoughts aside, I opened the closet and pulled out the dress I had bought especially for the freshers' party. It is a beautiful black dress with a low wavy front cut covered by woven net which extends till the neck line. I have paired it with a pair of high heeled black pumps. I plan on keeping my hair down after curling them at the ends.

I put on the dress, the heels and did my hair and make up. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw that the dress fit perfectly hugging the curves of my body. 'I look stunning' I thought.

I glanced at my watch and realized it was already 8:30 p.m. and the party starts at 9:00 p.m. I quickly called Liam to check if he has come outside my dorm to which he said that he'll be there in two minutes. I grabbed my shimmery black clutch, stuffed my phone, lipstick, a few tissue papers and hand sanitizer in it. I gave a final look at myself in the mirror and walked out of my room.

________________________

When I came outside the dorm building, Liam was already waiting for me near the entrance. He was dressed in a white tee shirt, blue jeans and a brown leather jacket. His hair was perfectly styled with hair gel to make sure they stay where they are. He looked very handsome with the charming smile he gave me.

"Wow look at you. You look so beautiful." he complimented to which I blushed bright red.

"Thanks. You look handsome yourself." I gave him a smile appreciating his look.

"Well thanks. By the way, I hope Derek sees you tonight. He will be mesmerized. I can tell." he winked at me and laughed while I blushed again.

"Shut up. It doesn't matter. He's a senior. He'll never look at me that way." I said sadly not making eye contact with Liam.

"You really like him don't you??" Liam asked softly, his gaze fixed at my face.

I took a deep breath and decided to tell him the truth. "Yes....yes I do." I had to tell him what I actually felt for Derek because I needed a friend to talk to about him. I really like him and I know it sounds absurd because I barely know the guy.

But ever since the first time I laid eyes on him, I couldn't stop thinking about him. Maybe it is just a college crush, but I really want it to become something MORE. I want MORE. My mother always said to me that when I'll find the right one for me, I won't be able to take my mind off him. And that's exactly what's happening to me.

Liam smiled softly at me and said, "I hope he feels the same way for you." I smiled back at his kind words and somehow he sounded so sure that it will happen.

I felt that he wants this to work out in my favour. And I cannot get more lucky. Liam is certainly the best thing that has happened to me in terms of friendship. He knows how to make me happy in just a few weeks.