1. Fred & George Weasley

You searched King's Cross Station with your parents in search of Platform 9 3/4. Both of your parents were muggle born and the Hogwarts letter you had received came as a shock to all three of you. Yes you might have managed to set a massive spider on fire when you were younger but you had thought it just coincidence as it was quite a warm day.

You and your parents continued to search in silence until you heard a hushed mention of Hogwarts to your right. You looked over to see a family with flaming orange hair all pushing trollies the size of your own. A squat woman with red hair, as the rest of them had, noticed your attention and scanned over all of your belongings with her eyes before briefly looking at your muggle parents.

A small smile came across her face as she said "Wouldn't be looking for Platform 9 3/4 would we?"

"Yes I'm sorry but I don't really know where I have to go." you responded.

"Just follow us, this is Fred and George's first year at Hogwarts as well" she said signalling to two identical lanky boys standing behind her.

The three of you followed the family through a brick wall (much to the shock of you and your parents) and came out the other side unharmed.

"That was brilliant wasn't it?" Your dad exclaimed, looking around the platform in awe.

You nodded and followed the red haired boys by carrying your luggage onto the train.

"Hello, I'm Fred"

"and I'm George" they said as you stepped onto the train carrying multiple things.

"Let us help you with that." they said at the same time, one grabbing your owl and the other a smaller suitcase.

"Thanks," you said, heaving a sigh, "I'm Y/N"

"Nice to meet you Y/N. Are you excited for Hogwarts?" one asked.

"Oh yes, most certainly. All of this seems so surreal!" you said, dropping your luggage in the same compartment as they had.

You followed them off the train, gave your parents a quick hug goodbye and waved them off as the train whistle blew.

"So Y/N," one of the said.

"Which house do you think you'll be sorted into?" the other finished.

"Oh um," you had read briefly about the houses in the text books you had been assigned but couldn't remember them all exactly, "maybe... Hufflepuff? Is that what it's called?"

The boys nodded their heads, "Yeah Hufflepuff. Great finders apparently, said to be loyal and dedicated friends."

"How about you guys? Do you think you'll get in together?" you asked.

"Oh yeah," they said at the same time, "we're going to be in Griffindor," they stated as if they already knew.

You made conversation the whole way to Hogwarts. A few other new students entered into your compartment, both boys tried to show off by casting a spell which did little but scare your owl.

You entered a large room together after a boat journey up to the school and stood in the middle of the room waiting to be sorted.

The Weasleys, as you had found out their surname, both were sorted into Griffindor as they had expected.

"Y/F/N" was soon called out by the old witch up the front.

The hat pondered for 10 seconds before shouting out "GRIFFINDOR" where you went to join your new friends.

"Nice one Y/N!" one cheered as you sat down.

"Thanks George." you smiled

"Fred"

"Sorry."

"Well looks like you're going to have to explore the school with us three," Fred said, putting an arm around your shoulder and pointing towards George and Lee Jordan, another Griffindor first year.

"Looks like it," you responded with a smile.

And as the feast ended you were dragged through hallways and corridors by the Weasley boys, finding secret entrances and exits around the school.

(A/N: Sorry for the lack of fluff. Just wanted to get this book started)