"ehh... Jon... don't you have anything to do other than annoying your employees when they are working." Emma said smiling.

Jonathon made his way inside and helped himself to sit upon the edge of her desk knowing too well that Emma hated when he sat over there, it seemed to her as if he was attempting to intimidate her. Standing up grumbling and leaning across the desk Emma pushed Jonathon away.

She grumbled shaking her head. "My boss is so annoying !!"

Jonathon laughed, "Only because annoying you is so damn funny."

He sat in a chair now across the desk and Emma too sat back shaking her head smiling.

"You were late Emma. Ten minutes." He was in his boss mood suddenly and slumped against the back rest with a blank look.

"Sorry boss. It won't happen again, the baby sitter was a little late today." Emma apologized seriously.

Jonathon rested his elbows on her desk and folded his hands there. "It's alright Emma, just make sure to stay true to your words."

Emma nodded her head in affirmative feeling slightly embarrassed, rarely any rules of the office was broken by her and those few rare times were always unintentional.

"And I am completely sure you wouldn't disappoint me." Jonathon added. "By the way, how are the kids?" He asked.

A genuine warm smile spread across her lips at the mention of Sarah and Sammy. "As naughty as they always are of course, too eager to start school."

They talked for a couple of minutes about kids, Emma was thankful to find such a genuine friend in her boss who would always listen attentively to her. Though as a boss he was an a**, always picking up errors and all, being all hyper and over serious about work but as a friend - that was a totally another story.

Emma looked at Jonathon confusedly, she thought he would leave now. It was rare that he stayed in her office for so long. Added to her confusion he was looking a little... nervous? But about what?

Jonathon smiled a little tensely while looking at her, he stood up. "Well. Emma..."

He trailed off looking like someone invisible had been choking him.

Emma raised one eyebrow. "Yes Jon, you want to tell me something. Is it anything serious?"

There was a pause for a long silent second, it seemed like he was battling over something inside.

Finally he spoke up clearing his throat. "Armmm... I have called for a meeting to discuss about the progress reports, be there in the conference hall in time huh..."

Just like that, he was gone - in a dash.

Emma tilted her head sideways in confusion. "Strange." 

Shrugging her shoulders Emma stared at the closed door for a while, with a sigh she then got busy with the pending works thinking it to be one of his odd days.

-------------------------------

-------------------------------------

Brandan had his laptop upon his stretched legs, his back resting against the headboard. He was already done with rechecking the information about the newest clients when with a thud a bundle of magazines were put down upon his bed right beside him. Brandan first lifted his head up from the laptop to look at the pictures of all the hot, spoilt, egoistic socialites and wannabe girls secretly searching for billionaire eligible bachelors in the city and then he looked up towards a determined looking Martha. He then again looked down... puzzled.