Pining 01

"She broke my heart over and over, day after day, but I love her." -Kelly Moran, Summer's Road (Seasmoke Friends #1)

People can get pretty hurt and you don't even have to say anything. But you never know what chances you'll have until it's too late. There are times when a fight can screw things up something awful too. It can happen to anyone, really.

And it always hurts like hell to see them go.

Switzerland wasn't the warmest around this time of year. Hell, everyone was on edge after all that training, all that fighting, all of everything. Everyone was tired, yet no one wanted to just stand or sit around at the same time. It was hard.

It was only midday, so they knew good and well that the Pillar Men weren't going to just come waltzing out of that building like chickens with their heads cut off. No, they were smarter than that.

Joseph grew even more uneasy as the group kept themselves at the outdoor seating area. Lisa Lisa was on edge, so was Caesar. Speaking of, had they just exchanged glances? Perhaps it was merely his imagination. Something was going to happen, he could practically feel it. Keeping still for this long was like asking him to go without cola for a day. The man needed to wiggle, for Christ's sake. It was obvious by the rapid bouncing of his leg, his eyes boring into the table while he listened to the gentle clapping of his shoe anytime it connected to the stone beneath it.

"Cut it out, Jojo." Caesar grumbled softly after a while. "It's seriously not helping. At all."

Joseph looked to the Italian, who had his arms crossed and his head lowered; hell, his eyes were even closed. Had his eyelashes always been that long? It was really quite the—

"Ohhh? I'm the one not helping when you're the one waiting for a camera, you big meatball?" Joseph shot back dramatically, leaning slightly across the table before himself with a raised brow.

"I- meatball?! Faccia da culo!" Caesar's once calm demeanor turned sour as he glared daggers right back at Joseph.

"Enough. We need to focus on our goal. We already know where the enemy is hiding. We need to find an opening." Lisa Lisa explained. "The Red Stone of Aja shouldn't be taken lightly given what we're up against."

"Yes, Coach." Joseph and Caesar said in near unison. They shared a glance with one another, going silent soon after. Joseph was sure it didn't make sense, but he wished he'd held that look a little longer.

But the question was: Why? Why did he want to hold onto that? Why did Joseph want to keep staring? What was so special about staring at some dumb blond's green eyes? Was it because of how soft they looked, even when Caesar had them narrowed and shooting through his soul? Was it the way the light reflected off of them to make them prettier than they always were?

.. Wait. What?

Joseph shook his head, blinking a few times. He rubbed his eyes, and thought he was exhausted for a moment or so.

Saint Moritz was a little chillier than he remembered, or maybe it was due to him thinking too hard on it. The winter sports hub was obviously going to be chilly with all the snow and wind. He rolled his eyes and stared down at his plate of food, thinking that Sun Valley was a silly name for a place this cold. He poked his fork at the salmon and the shrimp idly, his attention suddenly getting caught by a nearby cat walking on the ledge. Oh, he felt generous all of a sudden. Yeah, generous.