(21) For Pete Sake

Start from the beginning

"I ORDER YOU TO SHIFT WOLF, AND IF YOU DONT, I WILL CALL MY BROTHERS TO KILL YOU, UNDERSTOOD!"

The wolf snorted into response to my command. Darn it!

Suddenly two other wolves came out looking at me with hungry eyes, I knew they were rouges, I'd know anyone from this pack or even Z, and they all have a hidden scent of Z, strange right?

The wolves stepped closer and I thought it would be a better time than ever to shift. So I did.

I growled loud to signal my brothers and Z to help, admittedly I wasn't the best fighter, and I could take on one or two but no three. I heard a familiar howl of Shane and I could faint sound of paws pressing onto the ground.

But that didn't stop the wolves from advancing, one started to snap and growl at me, I returned them with a furious growl, I angry at myself for  letting myself to get into this position, and for ignoring my brothers.

Z'Pov

 I was out running patrols, Jed was running beside for one he was silent and I it seemed he was doing some serious thinking, so I let him be. My mind wandered to Katie, and how bad I felt for letting her wake up on her own. I had asked some men from the pack to stay behind and protect the girls, my in particular.

Suddenly I heard a loud and painful howl, my heart started beating, and somehow I knew it was Katie. I didn't waste time to explain to Jed where I was going I just sped off going my all time fastest to where I heard the howl from my mate was.

It seemed like hours, but was only a few seconds I heard Shane's reply howl to Katie and any other wolf near by to go to Katie's aid.

I growled loudly again, to signal Shane and the others that I was on my way. I could also hear running noises behind me, I sniffed the air. It was Jed.

I was closing in on to Katie, I entered the clearing I, quickly averted my eyes to her checking for any marks on her beautiful wolf form. I growled furiously angryly at the sight before me.

There were three wolves closing in on Katie, two of them took a wise step back when they saw me enter, but one had his eyes glued to Katie, I moved so I was positioned in front of Katie, I was already starting to feel calmer.

Jed was next to enter the small clearing, not so much after Shane, Jason and Nate were there making the wolves surrounded. Jason growled followed by the other two, I didn't have to know him but I could tell Jason was seriously pissed off, and not just at the wolves.

I sent a quick message to Katie in my head

'Get back behind the trees, I don't want you to see this' silently she did what she was told, I could feel regret coming from the bond.

I received a message from Shane through my head saying not to kill them, but serious injuries. I felt a bit cheated that I wasn't to kill the ones, who threaten my mate, but I thought it would be better to question them; they could lead us to the Rouges that sent the letter.

So the five of us started to circle the three wolves, this would be an easy fight five against three would never be a fair fight but when they attack my girl, fair has no meaning.

I lunged.

The attack was over in less than five minutes and the guards that i only noticed afterwards came from out of the forest greenary and took them to what i hoped was the holding cell.

I shifted back to my human form, putting on the beach shorts i had strapped to my left leg and went round to the tree, where i had told Katie to wait for me.

And there she was sitting huddled up beside a tree, i was planning to suprise her as she was off in her own little world but i decided against as of recent events.

"Katie?"

She jumped up into my arms, wrapping her arms tightly around my neck, I immediately wrapped my own arms around her waist, I placed my head in between the crook of her smelling her wonderful scent.

"Are you okay?" I asked her soothingly

"Yea, shaken. But fine, did you hear me howl?" I chuckled, she sounded like a kid in a candy shop.

"Yeah, as much as i love it, I rather not hear it again you frightend the crap outta me!" I rubbed her back with one of my hands.

She leaned out of my hug.

"Crap, my brothers are going to kill me arent they." I nodded.

"You'll protect me right?" Hope filled in her voice.

"I dont know Katie, you did something pretty stupid, why did you go out when I and your brothers asked you not to. It's dangerous out here, on your own." She sighed and nodded.

"Sorry I scared you. Wont happen again, I promise" She smiled her cheeky smile and i couldnt help but kiss her on her plump cheek.

He started walking back to the house, my eyes still roaming the forest for any sign of danger to my girl.

-------------

Thats it for now, you know the drill  :D

Katie Mcguigan x