(34) I Can Smell Toast

Hey!! Yes Im back, only 2 more Chapters to go!!!

Chapter 34

Katie’s POV

Closing my eyes tightly I stretched myself tightly around Zeadon’s body as he carried me through the masses of trees heading towards my house. I could smell rouge blood everywhere in the air making me dig my nose deeper into his chest; taking in his woodsy goodness.

“We are nearly there babe, how you holding on?” Zeadon’s soft voice spoke.

“I’m fine, just tired. You can put me down I know you’re exhausted.” Pulling my head back I looked up to meet his gaze. He looked down sadly at me and shook his head. “I’m okay Katie, and the only place I’m putting you down is a hospital bed” I chuckled lightly curling even tighter against him.

“I’m healed now you don’t have to worry” I felt my eyes starting to droop again. Zeadon sighed loudly “I always worry-” he paused and moved his arms around me tighter bringing my head just under his chin. “- your my mate Katie and I should of protected you better. You shouldn’t have even been out of the house...” he trailed off.

I snapped my eyes open “Hey! Don’t you dare think like that, protecting me shouldn’t be your biggest worry you have a whole pack and yourself to worry about, adding me to the mix is pure stupidity.” I smacked him lightly on his chest putting my head back on it after.

“I don’t think its called stupidity, its called love.” His smooth voice whispered in my ear, sending cool chills of his breathe down my neck. “Or are you telling me that you’re not ‘stupid’ over me as much as I am ‘stupid’ over you?” my breath caught in my throat.

“Well I would be stupid not to be so ‘stupid’ over you” I giggled playing along.

“Me to Katie, me too” after that, there was a comfortable silence for a while until the house and some very angry brothers came into view.

“Katie!” Shane shouted angrily, Oh no! I thought to myself. Shane came marching to us quickly with Millie, Nate and Jamie hot on his heels. I quickly looked up to Zeadon for some kind of support; he smiled down at me, understanding me in an instant.

In no more than a couple of seconds Shane and Nate were looming over me, there faces a picture of worry and anger. “Katie! Shane called for a second time.

“She’s fine I’ve got her” Zeadon spoke up, their faces immediately went to his and changed quickly. “Give her to me; you look like you’re going to pass out!” Nate said quickly. But once again Zeadon shook his head “No, Katie’s staying with me.” I heard a slight growl vibrate from his chest.

“But look at her hip, it’s all cut up” Millie stated like a worried mother. “I’m fine – it’s healing. I just want some rest. You guys alright?” I asked slightly annoyed that I hadn’t asked sooner about the welfare of my new extended family.

“Just some scratches here or there, but we’re all good” Nate spoke softly “Good” I spoke yawning again.

“Can we do this tomorrow; I want Kate to rest now.” Zeadon’s voice sounded agitated and full of authority.

“Fine, get her to her room.” Shane said tightly, I knew he hated this at the moment, someone talking to him like he was just another member of the pack; he was an Alpha and would let anyone forget it.