(21) For Pete Sake

Chapter 21

Katie's POV

I made my eyes zoom in on the paper and I noticed it had my name on it. I sat up slowly; taking my head injury and the room around me into consideration.

I swung my legs over the side of bed picking up the letter whilst doing so.

I unfolded the paper, only to find it was a letter.

It read,

Hey K,

Somehow I knew if I left it by the clock you'll get it, strange right? I really wanted to be here when you wake up, but I had a call from your brothers. We have had a breach on the boarders, so your brothers and I went to go and check it out.

They also said that they want you to stay where you are, they don't want you running into trouble. They also said that if they smell you anywhere in the forest, you're in some serious trouble.

Don't worry babe, I'll protect you: P

Anyway stay safe and hope your head feels better

I Love you xxxxx

Z

I read over the letter. I groaned reading the letter over again. I hate when they try and keep me away from all the pack stuff, I'm the Beta for Pete sake, I have some power in this pack, not as much as my brothers, but-

I just burst out laughing; I held my stomach as well as my head as I fell back on the bed. I do have much more power than my brothers; I'm the beta for my brother's pack as well as Alpha female for Z's Pack! Ha!

I jumped off the bed, walking quickly to the door of his room. I smiled as I walked down the corridors, I got stares from some people from Z's pack, so I looked down to see what they were staring at, and a suddenly realised that I was still in the top that Z lent had me, they probably think I'm a lesbian. I laughed again.

I ran out the door and into the woodsy area, loving the feel of loose soil running through in-between my toes. Before I understood what was happening, I was tackled to the ground.

As I fell to the ground hitting the back of my head against a very large tree, pain that was already there double. I looked over to the little clearing; there stood a 6' brown wolf.

Anyone else would have been scared, but not me. I stood ignoring the protest of my body and held my head high.