Chapter 9: Not Interested

Victoria's POV:
Why is it that when I just want a peaceful evening it gets interrupted by stupid people. By stupid people I mean the guy from yesterday. Jacob is an angel.

"Jacob do you know who this man is?"

He nods and says excitingly, "That's my bubba!"

Oh my. I feel so bad for Jacob. He has to deal with that. The guy from yesterday is next to us after Jacob's answer.

Jacob runs right into his arms and gets lifted onto the guy's chest. Jacob snuggled into his chest and gives it a kiss. The guy gives Jacob's head a kiss back. It's such an adorable sight that I was so close to saying something.

"Where have you been Jacob? I have been searching for you for hours!"

Jacob starts crying, "I'm sorry bubba I saw bunny and wanted to catch it."

"You can't seriously be putting all the blame on Jacob. If you were doing your job and watching him Jacob would have never gotten lost. Think twice before putting all the blame on him. He stuck by me the whole time waiting to see his brother."

I don't understand how a douche could become an even bigger douche. He can't get mad at Jacob. He is only 6, of course he is possibly going to run off. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't give him u divided attention.

"Well thank you for watching him"

"Yeah your welcome. At least it wasn't some creep."

"I don't think I ever introduced myself my name's Kian, and yours?

"Not interested."

Jacob loudly whispers in Kian's ear, "Her name is Victoria. She's really pretty and I like her."

I think my heart melted when I heard what Jacob said, but when it registered in my head that he told Kian my name I got annoyed.

"Anyways I gotta go home. It was nice meeting you Jacob"

I turned and began to walk to a diner. It was late and that meant that Mark had his friends over and was most likely gambling.

As I walked into Patty's Diner I looked to see how much money I had on myself. I dug my hand in my back pocket and ended up finding $20. Thank goodness I can have some dinner and maybe a little bit of dessert. I got seated and looked at the menu.

The most inexpensive item was a cheeseburger and fries for $6.

"Hi, my name is Molly and I'm going to be your waitress today. Can I start you off with a drink?"

"Hi and yes please. I will have a lemonade and a glass of water without a lemon slice and easy ice please."

Molly writes my drink order down on her pad and walks away to get my drinks.

"Here are your drinks. Are you ready to order?"

"Yes, I'll have a cheeseburger with some jalapeños on the side please and a side of fries and ranch please."

"Alright, I'll be back with your order soon."

When she walks away I look out the glass window on my left side and just watch the wandering people as they are walking home.

I'm glad I get have an actual decent meal. I haven't had a good dinner in so long. Just thinking about the last time I had a good dinner makes my eyes well up.

I'm so tired of my suffering. One day I'll have enough money saved up to move out, and get a nice small apartment. One day...One day...

A/N
Hey guys sorry for the late update, but here's a double update for all of you. Thank you for all of your support. I love you all! Please don't forget to vote and comment.