"Why? Aaron you're ten years older than me with a child" I reminded, and he looked away from me for a moment. He was examining the street to our right, and then his eyes finally landed back on me.

"They don't like me"

"Aaron, they love you. As my friend, I don't..." I shook my head, "I don't know how they'll react when they find out we're dating" Before I could continue, the door opened. There stood my curious mother, but then she saw Aaron.

She smiled at him, "Oh, Mr. Hotchner! Pleasure to see you" I bit my lip and glanced at the ground, and Aaron checked to see what I was doing quickly. He then grinned back at my mom.

"Hi, Mrs. Gordon. How are you?" He tried being friendly, even though he was noticeably upset at the fact that my parents didn't know about our relationship.

I was almost a hundred percent sure his parents didn't know about me either, and I knew it would have been because I was 28.

"Come in, we made extra tea!" My mother offered, and I nodded.

"Yeah, yeah come in" So he did, and we sat down and we all talked.

I really wanted them to know, of course I did. I wasn't ashamed, or embarrassed. I actually wanted to show him off, I gladly would have as soon as possible if my mother wasn't so... traditional.

Yes, I'm aware 10 years is a big age difference, but only when you're under the age of 25. I really didn't feel as though Aaron and I being different ages was too bad, honestly.

"Well, we were going to head to the mall if you want to join us" My mother suggested, which made me snap out of my train of thought. Aaron and I exchanged looks, and I shook my head.

"I was actually going to have Aaron help me with a few things, but we'll see you later?" I spoke up, and she nodded.

We said our goodbyes and my parents were off after a few minutes, and I took a sip of my tea.

"I still don't understand what the big problem is" He admitted, and he stood.

"Aaron," I warned, getting up as well. The two of us started walking towards my bedroom as we bickered, "I'm of course going to tell them, but not the second they get here. Besides, I'm a hundred percent sure your parents don't know about me" He glared at me.

"They don't know about you because my father is a dead drunk who beat us, and I haven't spoken to my mother in five years" I just blinked at his response, not knowing what to say to him.

That was very forward, and I didn't know what to do. "I..." He rubbed his forehead as sat on my bed.

"I'm sorry, that was really harsh" He apologized, shaking his head. I put my hand on his thigh, which made him look up at me as I sat next to him.

"I didn't mean to bring them up, I'm sorry" I ensured, and I really felt horrible. "I didn't know..."

He then laughed. It seemed nervous and sarcastic, but it still happened. "Yeah, no one does" He told me. "I don't bring it up, it's unnecessary"

"Are you sure? I could always-" He then cut me off before I could start rambling by pressing his lips onto mine.

We seemed to be doing that a lot, huh? The kissing to shut each other up thing.

But I didn't complain, because I quickly started kissing him back. He however pulled away for a moment, he was scanning my face. His eyes landed on my lips.

"You always had a problem with being quiet, huh?" My face turned a bright red, and a small smirk started to form. "Hm? Why are you looking at me like that?" He pretended to act innocent, and I raised both my brows. He was trying to get me to make a sound, and I knew exactly what would happen if I did.