chapter thirteen ; "a heartbroken wolf."

Start from the beginning

Yet, it wasn't that what Lady Catelyn had been cross about, it was about the large worry of Jenny manipulating her son. The Stark woman knew how fond Robb was of Jenny and how desperately he wanted that betrothal, even though he was promised to another and she knew that Jenny was using that to her advantage - even though she may have not known it. But the maiden did know what she was doing, she knew exactly how to get what she wanted from both the young wolf and the butterfly warrior; the Daemadar had both of them wrapped around her fingers. It had slowly turned, from being Catelyn, that Robb turned to in needs of the council into Jenny and a portion of the younger woman felt guilty for that.

Rumours had begun to circulate the camps, that in fact, Jenny was Robb's current paramour - the woman who had stolen his heart. Yes, she had stolen his heart but he hadn't captured hers; even though, Jenny found herself becoming fonder of the man by the day. That wasn't the only thing the soldiers had started claiming, they had begun to claim that Jenny had given herself to the young wolf - which she hadn't, but due to the suspicious hours when the woman had been caught leaving his tent; it was hard for rumours not to start. The woman had told Jaime about those rumours and since then, he'd acted slightly strange at the mention of Robb - it was odd, it seemed he had a real chip on the shoulder about the man.

Tonight, was one of those nights when Jenny would visit Jaime, give him some wine or water (whichever she could get her hands on) and additionally give him some leftovers. The guards had become dubious about letting the Daemadar visit, however, she didn't particularly care much for their opinions. Visiting had become more strained over the last month or so, the Kingslayer had been moved from a wooden post, where heavy iron chains held him - to the centre of one of the newer camps in a cell.

Hurridly unlocking the cell at her demand, the guard let the maiden enter the cell - on the order of Ashter, a smith had made Jenny some armour. It was beautifully made, embedded with pale purple amethysts across the dainty breastplate - the armour felt light on the woman's body, that was something she enjoyed; speed was partially her strength with the spear and not being weighed down bolstered this. Originally her brother had wanted her to wear a sash around it, clasped on into a cape of twilight purple, but Jenny had said it was needless and instead continued to wear the white cloak that Tarla had given her.

"You certainly look," the dishonoured knight's voice trailed, as his lusting green eyes trailed up her body, "good," Jaime finished licking his lips lightly, his eyes wandered up to her hair of starlight and he smirked, "Hair could do with some work though."

Chuckling, Jenny shook her head, "You look like shit," she nodded to him, glancing at his current state - caked in mud and his filth, hair greasy beyond belief and a beard had begun to grow around his face. She put her spear, leaning it against one of the ironwood bars and then brought out a flask from underneath her cloak - filled with water, "You smell like it too," and with those words, the Daemadar let icy cold water drench the Kingslayers face.

At the feeling of the freezing water against his face, Jaime let out a gasp as the dirt rushed off, "Next time would you give me a warning before you do that?" he huffed, breath clear in the cool night air.

"Who says there'll be a next time, Kingslayer?" growled a voice lowly, startled Jenny turned, ocean eyes widening as she saw Robb standing behind her.

The woman at once bowed her head and curtsied, "My King," her pearly skin had flushed a slight pink, clearly embarrassed to be caught.

Cat-like eyes narrowing, Jaime grimaced, "King in the North," greeted the prisoner to his captor, Jenny fell back in line against Robb - who wrapped an arm around the back of her. "I keep expecting you to leave me in one castle or another," his voice tensed, glaring at the man, "Have you grown fond of me Stark?" the Kingslayer taunted, "Would you rather have me, than that pretty little thing?"