-

"Alice."

There under the snowy sky stood two people—a young boy and girl. The two were alone with not another person in sight. It was quiet.

After a long span of silence, the girl speaks up, her voice echoing throughout the abandoned road. The boy flinches at the sound of her soft tone.

"What is it, Felix?" She says with her back turned to him. The boy clenches his fist in frustration.

"You don't have to do this." Felix exclaims. Alice's lips form into a thin line.

"You know that's not true."

Slowly, the girl walks forward, crushing the snow beneath her feet. The boy follows closely behind. Their footsteps imbedding in the snowy carpet.

Suddenly, Alice stops in her tracks. She turns around to face the one following her.

"Tell me Felix, do you believe heaven exists?" She asks, looking directly at him.

"Well....it's not like we have proof it doesn't exist." He replies, uncomfortable at how deeply she's staring at him.

"Then do you believe people like us would get to heaven?"

Felix's eyes widened.

"I-"

Before the boy could reply, Alice lets out a breathy laugh, shaking her head.

"Who am I kidding? There's no way that's possible." She smiles wryly.

"We've got blood on our hands after all."