22. Final Confrontation

I have a feeling that Heavens really wanted us to confront that day, because when I went to Ghost's room, I saw the key was on the door so even if Ghost wished to avoid me as usual, I could still go in.

Still, I knocked and knocked but there was no answer. As he didn't give me any other chance, I opened the door and went in.

He was sitting on the chair, his back facing me. "Ghost?" I called him to get his attention.

"Go away," he said coldly with a hoarse voice, "I am not in the mood for anything."

"No," I approached him and turned his face towards me. God, his eyes were welled with tears. "Why are you crying?"

He pushed my hand harshly, "I am not crying, can you just leave me alone?"

"No," I repeated with determination, "until you tell me what is on your mind, I'm not moving an inch from this spot."

He stood up and wanted to move towards the door, but I grabbed his arm and pinned him to the spot, "why are you always escaping? Why can't you just tell me what the hell you're thinking?!"

"Fine!" He pushed my hand, "tell me what you want to know!" he yelled at me.

Maybe I must have been angry because he yelled at me but actually I was happy as he was finally revealing a bit of emotion.

"Why didn't you give any reaction when you saw us intimate?" I asked, staring at him.

He chuckled bittersweetly, "what can I say?"

What can he say? Really? I rubbed my face with irritation, "I told you about my feelings for you, so my words give you every kind of right to ask about the situation! But you just decided to ignore us! Tell me what am I to you?"

He startled for a second, he opened his mouth and closed again, thinking. Then he whispered "you are too cruel..."

Unbelievable! He was the reason for all that mess, but I was the one who was cruel!

"What the hell did I do?!" I asked, folding my arms on my chest defensively.

"It is all because of you!" He pushed me away from him, "do you know how much trouble you are giving to my poor heart!" He pushed me again, "it was enough for me to be near you, but you had to experiment with your feelings!" Another push I received, "as if it wasn't enough trouble to hold myself back, you started to get physical, touching me, kissing me as you wished! Like a toy, you played with me but I had to be silent, let you do whatever you wanted but not show my true feelings for you so that when you get bored with me, I could still be with you as a friend! Guess, who got bored only after two weeks of courting! Actually, I felt relieved when I saw you two getting intimate because it was getting harder for me not to respond to your kisses!" he pushed me again and trapped me between him and the door, "still, you couldn't just leave me alone! You had to come here to mock me and make me spill all the beans! Now, I can't even stay as your friend, thanks to you I lost the only companion I had! Are you happy now?" his words broke into sobs. He retracted his arms from the door and walked away from my shocked existence.

"I really love you," I managed to say after a while although there were a lot of misunderstandings between us, this issue looked like the most important to be addressed.

"Really?" He looked at me with daggers in his eyes, "just kissing me does not show that you love me you know! Do you even know my name, calling me Ghost all the time although I hate it! Have you ever told me that you love me?! If you really love me why do you never enter the school with me?! Why do you never stop the others bullying me?! Why were you that intimate with that girl in front of my room?!"

He slumped to the floor, crying his heart out. When I regained control over my body, I went towards him and sat next to him. Although he resisted, I gathered him in my arms and started to rub his back in circular movements.

"You endured a lot, I am so sorry," I whispered to his ear and kissed his soft hair, "however, there are lots of misunderstandings between us that we need to clear."

He pulled himself back to look at me, "what misunderstandings?" he asked while sniffing.

"Let's talk about it tomorrow when you are more calm," I pulled him back to my arms, "for now, just know that you are the only one in my heart and I will never let you go."

He weakly nodded before drifting off to sleep in my arms, being exhausted with all those emotions and tears. I waited until he was sleeping soundly, then I carried him to the bed and l lay down with him, being afraid that he would vanish if I didn't hold on to him.