Chapter 9

***Maya's POV***

I woke up on June 22nd and my phone was flooded with text from family and friends all saying happy birthday. I was 21 oh my gosh! I got out of bed, went to the bathroom got changed into something cute and came downstairs.

"Happy birthday girl" Aria said to me while I was coming down the stairs.

"Thanks Aria"

"Hey listen, I gotta go out meeting with someone to talk about pool covers so ill see you later. Bye" she grabbed her keys gave me a hug left the house and got in the car.

***Aria's POV***

I got in my car drove down the block until Maya couldn't see me anymore, stopped at the stop sign texted Kian and Sam to tell them I just "left"

Me: Hey I'm stopped at the stop sign at the end of the street. Sam can you message Maya and idk take her to the mall or something.

Sam: Yeah, ill text her right now

Me: Great! Kian meet me at my place in one hour that way Sam has enough time to get Maya out of the house.

Kian: Cool. Lets do this.

***Maya's POV***

Aria left a little while later I got a happy birthday text from Kian. I know he wasn't able to hang out with me today because he had to meet with someone to talk about his merch. I got a text from Sam

Sam: Hey Birthday Girl!!!!

Me: Hey Sam!

Sam: Does the birthday girl have any plans today?

Me: No not really

Sam: K be ready in ten

Me: wait what?

Sam: you said you had no plans so i'm gonna take you to the mall. Is that ok?

Me: no no its fine. Ill see you in ten

I put my phone down touched up my hair fixed my makeup and then I heard Sam honk his car horn. I grabbed my keys walked out and got into Sam's car.

"Happy Birthday" Sam said to me leaning over trying to give me a hug.

"Thanks! Thanks for spending my birthday with me instead of me being all alone"

"Ah no problem,  now lets go to the mall"

***Sams POV***

I'm glad to be spending my day with Maya. She's always so happy and cheerful I swear I learn something new about her every time. Look at me now by Chris Brown came on and this girl is busting out these lyrics like she wrote the damn song.

"Wow you're a really good rapper"

"I don't think so"

"Girl you know the lyrics to one of the most hardest rap song"

"Haha well I do love rap music"

We jammed out to a bunch of different songs on our way to the mall when we got out of the car she grabbed my hand. I started to blush. She ran in and literally we went to every store. She went into this one store and she saw that she could get her name put on a necklace.

"$50! Never mind lets go, wanna go to the food court and grab something to eat?"

"Yeah i'll meet you there gonna ask these guys if they cell lip rings"

"Okay i'll meet you at the food court"

She walked out and I found one of the sales clerks.

"Hi I was wondering if I could get one of your personalized necklaces?"