"Well, jokes aside, Diego, what are we to do about this?" she asks him and he frowns as he stares at the body.

"I should have stopped when he started hunting down humans"

"Then why did you not?"

"Our Crystal has been blessed with an inhumanly perfect mate, my dearest. He has only been hunting the humans who were a harm to the humanity"

"Do you think their blood had any effect on his conscience if he is now killing his own kind?" Aura asks and Diego shakes his head no.

"He has never been part of our kind from the beginning, my dearest. He is just a man who has been taking revenge for what his life has turned out to be" he points before they walk away from the place following Connor.

"Do you regret giving him a life?" Aura asks as they watch Connor make his way towards his sister's grave as the man grabs the dried flowers before replacing with a fresh one.

"It would have been such a waste if he was not alive"

"But..."

"Darwin had this coming to him; his stupidity was hint for his demise"

"Yet you curse seeing his kill" Aura points and Diego sighs.

"Every kill he makes, something dies in him"

"Yet he walks every night to bring fresh flowers to his sister" Aura defends Connor.

"She was the only good thing he had; I would have been devastated if I was in his place"

"I would have liked if he had gone to Crystal though" Aura wishes and Diego squeezes his mate's hand.

"He is grief my dearest and nothing is more dangerous than a man in grief, especially a man like him. In all the years I have walked this planet, never have I see any vampire who had such a clean kill, most definitely a newly turned at that"

"Those hands have seen labor, Diego. Those hands have raised not just to carry his sister but fix things around as well" Aura points and Diego nods his head.

"Should we demand Dante to be a farmer?" he asks his mate who gasps in horror at the thought.

"Do not even joke about it, mate. Your son would probably seduce each and every hens"

"Well, at least they will give more eggs" he grins and she shivers.

"Not the thought I need" she groans before he turns his head to stare at Connor.

********

Touching the grave of his sister, Connor keeps staring at it without a word. He makes circles with his finger at the ground next to her while he stays quietly.

"I will be back tomorrow" he whispers to her before he stands up from the ground and turns to stare at his house.

His head turns towards the palace standing tall at the hills and his eyes narrows slowly, clenching his fist he turns his back and eyes the flowers on his sister's grave.

"Did she even bother to come check on you?" he demands in anger before shutting his mouth and disappearing.

*********

Connor pauses on his step as he hears a chant coming out of Jade's office, he waits for a moment before knocking on the door and the chants stops at once. After a while, Jade opens the door to find his standing.

"I am back" he replies and she smiles opening her door asking him to walk in.

"Come in" she asks but he makes no move.