Love Is More Than Words

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?" Eriol quickly came over and asked. Since he was the closest to him, he was the first one to reach him after watching him roll through the ground.

Syaoran grimaced as he slowly tried to put his foot down one more time. "Yeah." He was able to set his foot on the ground but he could still feel the pain.

Eriol watched his cousin's face with much concern on his eyes. Being the top scorer in most tournaments, Syaoran had been heavily guarded by three defenders every time he touched the ball. His ability to create plays also made him more prone to receive fouls by other teams. They were still winning two to one with only fifteen minutes left on the clock plus whatever the referee decided to add extra and both goals where orchestrated by Syaoran. In today's game he hadn't been able to score but assisted in one of them and started the play which led to their second goal.

Mark came running as well. "You okay?"

Syaoran heavily breathing said, "Give me a minute."

Instead of listening to Syaoran, Mark decided to call the medical team over. Eriol helped his cousin off the ground but the moment Syaoran tried to put weight on his leg he grimaced once more. He tried to walk a bit hoping the pain would go away only to find it still there pulsing through his ankle bandages with each step he gave. He limped a little but stopped after a few steps.

Kyu came walking along side the referee agitatedly protesting the call. "He won't get carded because of this ref? I mean it's a miracle we've all lasted so long with them fouling us this way, don't you think?" he sarcastically said.

"The referee of this game is me and I decide who gets carded Kyu." The referee answered as he walked towards Syaoran.

"Oh please ref! He's stalling the game. That's all he's doing! We both know this!" a player from Japan said walking at the other side of the ref.

"Mr. Liu, the same goes for you." The referee said ignoring the protest of both players before finally reaching Syaoran. He watched him limp his steps before asking, "Are you okay Mr. Li?"

"Do I look okay?" he asked narrowing his eyes.

"Syaoran!" Mark warned him. Having the referee against them was not something wise for them. So far the referee had allowed some calls to go by but he had done so for both teams. Knowing this game was an intensive one the referee let them play it out to avoid breaking the flow of the game.

"Oh please! What you're doing is stalling! We all know that!" the Japanese player kept protesting.

Pissed off by what the guy was saying, Syaoran quickly reacted to his complaint. "Screw you! The only thing you've done the entire game is play dirty!"

The Japanese player put his hand up in protest once more. "Oh! Stop whining already!"

"You should've been carded a long time ago! Why don't you start playing instead of hiding your bad game behind cheap shots...?" Syaoran replied.

"What did you say?" the player asked.

The moment the referee started to feel things going a little overboard he intervened. "Both of you calm down this instant if you don't want to get carded in this game."

Immediately after, a Japanese player grabbed his teammate to pull him out of the encounter. Eriol quickly stood in front of his cousin and tried to calm his mood. "Stop this man."

Syaoran looked at his cousin. "He started it!"

"Not now Syaoran!" Eriol said in a demanding tone. He watched as his cousin tried to walk again and limped a little before stopping.