Love Is More Than Words

Start from the beginning

He smiled at her. "By all means you're right. They only consisted on the project but we could still meet outside of the job and talk about other interests. That's, off course, if you allow me the pleasure of your company."

She drank from her glass. "Allow me to ask you a question."

"Go ahead." He smugly said before drinking once more from his cup.

"Is this the real reason why you didn't give me the project?"

He smiled at her once more. "It truly has been a great thing what you've done here."

Sakura raised a brow at his comment and said, "You've been praising my work since you got here and yet you decided to contract someone else for your project."

"Am I not allowed to do that?"

Sakura sternly stared at him and smiled to herself. When she first started working with Xian she had been known to be Xian's assistant, but to hide behind someone had never been her nature. With time she proved to everyone that in this business she was her own person. Things were done how she liked them to be. It was one of the reasons why her name grew pretty quickly in their line of work among business tycoons and what Oliver had just confessed to do was simply unacceptable to her. "Let me be perfectly clear with you Oliver. The answer I gave you on our last meeting was not a choice for you to decide. You've made a mistake choosing someone else to oversee your project. Unfortunately for you I've always been very decisive and your project is something I've already passed the page to. Therefore there's nothing else to discuss beyond the end of this tournament."

His smile slowly started to disappear after hearing her words. He cleared his throat before saying, "You shouldn't close new connections when you're able to make them. It's always good to leave the doors open."

"I merely passed the page. An open door depends on you though I do must warn you... I don't need to read a book twice. Enjoy the rest of the tournament." She said before turning around and walking away. She could still feel his piercing eyes looking at her back as she walked back towards her seat. The nerve of the man! To think he would decline her proposition after everything she had worked on it just for having a chance to date her. She tried to calm herself when she felt Feimei sit right next to her.

"Is that man bothering you?" she asked.

Sakura rolled her eyes. "Nothing I haven't handled before."

Feimei chuckled. "Mother should be here any minute. She said father wanted to come watch the game from here."

Sakura looked at her. "Did the doctor release him already?"

Feimei nodded. "He can finally leave home though I'm not too sure mother likes it too much. Between us, I think she rather enjoyed a little too much having father at her mercy."

Sakura chuckled. "I think he hated it, if you ask me."

"Oh yeah... without a doubt!" Feimei agreed while joking a little about it. "I wanted to ask you for some pointers on Syaoran's little project, if you don't mind. I'm having a little difficulty with choosing the architecture for it."

Sakura looked at her. "Mmm... Syaoran has always liked the Brazilian soccer stadium. When we had coffee to discuss this he said it was one of the grandest stadiums he had ever played at. He described playing in there as an unforgettable experience and one he would definitely enjoy doing more than once in his soccer career."

Feimei nodded. "Then I will research this Brazilian stadium you speak off. Thanks!"

~ o ~

"Ahh!" he screamed as he fell in agony grabbing his ankle while going round and round through the ground till finally stopping. He heard a whistle being blown in the distance which signaled the referee calling the foul. Massaging his ankle he tried to put it on the ground once. Pain shot through his leg as he quickly leveled it up and tried massaging it a little again.