"Lame," Hotch shouts across the table, much to the surprise of everyone. A roar of laughter fills the air, which feels noticeably lighter. Apparently the underlying knowledge that your lives and the lives of those you love were in danger weighed heavier than you thought.

"Alright," Spencer nods with a smile, accepting the two shot glasses that JJ has already poured. "Shots? Are we in college?"

"You've gotta catch up bud," you laugh playfully, sipping your cocktail. The champagne that had been popped in response to Arlo's arrest was already flowing through your veins, and whatever fruity mixture Emily had given you was only adding to the buzz. Not caring about the eyes in your direction, you lean in and whisper in his ear. "I'll make it worth your while, daddy."

His eyes visibly widen at the word, his body tensing slightly. It wasn't something you had ever said before, but by the looks of it, he seemed to enjoy the term. You giggle innocently, handing him the first shot glass, cheering when he downs it.

"Whatever she just promised to do definitely worked," Morgan chuckles. You give a devilish grin, the solid buzz you're sporting allowing you to not be embarrassed. "Gotta get it in while you can, you two. Cuz' then it's back to colleagues."

"Allegedly," JJ giggles. Hotch looks at the two of you, sipping his drink nonchalantly as you shift uncomfortably. "Oh come on, you don't think they'll hook up every once in a while? That should definitely be allowed."

"That part is none of my business," Hotch shrugs. "The policy is just no relationships. It's dumb, I'll admit. But love can cloud judgement. Even if you don't mean to, sometimes you're powerless."

"Well good thing we aren't in love," you giggle awkwardly, overcompensating by playfully punching Spencer's arm. His eyes flicker down. God, you want this conversation to end. Spencer nods, twisting his lips before taking the second shot. "Anyway, are we playing card games or what?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The drinks keep flowing and the laughter grows heartier as the evening passes by. The team that had so quickly become family sits around the table outside, sharing jokes and stories and playful roasts in the haze of golden hour light.

Spencer's definitely drunk, the least out of the group, but still sporting blush tinged cheeks and a relaxed smile. He leans into you every once in a while, smiling happily when you rest your arms over his shoulders, hugging him from behind. He doesn't even seem to care about the knowing looks passed between Morgan and Garcia, or the proud father smile sitting on Rossi's face.

"I have an idea," Emily practically yells, clapping her hands together. She leans down and whispers to Garcia who nods excitedly. "Truth or dare!"

"We really must have reverted back to college," Spencer comments with a playful scoff. You place your hand over his mouth, yelping when he bites your hand. Wow, he's definitely drunk. The thought is confirmed almost immediately when he turns his head, bringing his mouth to your ear and whispering lowly. "Only I get to do that to you, it's not the other way around, sweet girl. You're not in charge, remember? Daddy is."

Your eyes widen at his boldness, a relief washing over you at the realization everybody is involved in their own side conversations and paying no notice.

"Are we doing this or what?" Garcia finally asks, and affirmatives are passed around with varying levels of enthusiasm. You hear Rossi mumble something about feeling like he's at a slumber party, but he's quickly silenced when Emily spins an empty wine bottle - after downing the last few sips, of course. It lands on JJ first. "If you refuse to do the dare or answer, you have to take a shot, by the way."