Lavender Nightmare

The library door creaked open, as the short, brown haired boy snuck in. "Byakuya..?" Makoto whispered.

"Why are you whispering?"

"Oh..! Uhm.. Sorry.."

"More importantly, why didn't you tell me??"

"Tell you... Oh! Well... I didn't want you to think I was insane.. I guess it just sounded kind of weird. Being able to hear the dead..." Makoto scratched the back of his neck, in a nervous manner.

"Hmph... I suppose that's a valid answer."

"Why didn't you tell me..??"

"For the same reason."

"But- You can speak with Mondo and Chihiro, right?!? How.. How are they...?" His tone went from excited to concerned in a matter of seconds.

"Fuckin awful... I'm stuck with you" Mondo scoffed, arms crossed against his chest.

"I... I'd say that I'm okay... The best you could be when you're dead.." Chihiro muttered.

"They're... Okay.." Byakuya ignored Mondo's reply, instead sticking with a simple answer. "And who are you stuck with..?"

"Sayaka and Junko! Junko's a little... Err....-"

"Annoying?"

"Yeah... Heh, she's yelling at me right now.."

"How is Sayaka?"

"She says she's okay, she just feels guilty about what happened.. I bet Mondo feels the same..." Makoto responded with a nervous tone of voice.

"Guilty's a fuckin understatement..."

"Ah... Yes..." Byakuya spoke, acknowledging Mondo's statement.

"It's okay Mondo... It wasn't your fault... If anything, I shouldn't have relied on you to become stronger... I should've done it myself.." The timid boy muttered, looking down at his feet.

"And now Chihiro's apologizing for the fifth time today."

"Chi, it wasn't your fault! You were strong... You wanted to embrace your weaknesses.."

"What are Junko and Sayaka doing?"

"Oh.. Uhm... They're just arguing... Oh! Junko wants me to tell you... Uh... J-Junko! I'm not saying that..!!!" Makoto's face went red from Junko's statement, which Byakuya could only assume was perverted.

"It must be insufferable being stuck with her... Mondo's already a handful as it is."

"Hey! I am not, you bitch!"

"Don't be mean to each other...!"

"I.. Uh.. Yeah, she's a little hard to handle..." Makoto flinched, presumably because of Junko. "Have you talked to anyone else..?"

"Ishimaru, Celestia, Mukuro, the usual few. I haven't seen Hifumi and Leon. That's about it."

"..... You think they're with the others...?"

"Like Hagakure and Asahina? I can only assume so. Why would we be able to over them?"

"We can ask!!"

"You can ask. There's no way I'm going to risk the chance of them thinking I'm insane." Byakuya crossed his arms, as Makoto thought to himself.

"Ahem" The sound of someone clearing their throat came from behind the library door. Byakuya swung his head in that direction, noticing Makoto heard it too.