Chapter 2 ♡ Bites & Butterflies

I've been thinking so much about Youngdo recently.. and I hadn't realized why, untill now.

"This isn't gonna go well..." I muttered to myself as I made my way back to my class.

The teacher hadn't entered yet thankfully, so I wouldn't get caught for being late. I silently took my seat next to Youngdo, who was seated next to Kim Tan.

My stomach was still growling with hunger, and Youngdo happened to notice it.

He turned to me and whispered "Mianhae/Sorry.." with a cute apologetic smile.

Which made my stomach forget all about the hunger and all I could do was smile back, not knowing how to respond. Especially when his smile woke up the butterflies nesting in my stomach. So butterflies nest?

The teacher finally walked in and announced that we had a history test coming up and starting from today we were to start preparing for it. Which led to us being forced to endure an hour long headache known as history class.

I have to say, I do think Korean history is very interesting but..I just can't seem to remember all the dates and years of the wars and I almost always end up getting them mixed up. History dates had proven to be my only weak point.. As for Youngdo and Kim Tan, they never had that problem, considering they always score high on all their history tests.

I sighed deeply, jotting down everything the teacher said about the the Korean War in 1950 and the rebellion on Jeju Island off the southern coast, where at least ten percent of the population was killed.

So even though I might not be able to remember it accurately straight away, at least I had it written down.

Even though this is a very important part of history, I would be more interested to learn about the Silla, Balhae or Bakjae era or Joseon era. I'm not interested in modern era war history as much as it deals with politics and governments rather than kingdoms and empires.

The bell rang signaling break causing students to spill out of the classroom excitedly. I started gathering my things when I felt a tap on my shoulder, turning to see Youngdo standing next to me.

"Hey", I said as calmly as I could, my heart rate increasing the moment our eyes met. Then turned back around to pack my things in my bag.

"Why don't we go and grab a snack before the class starts again? I'll make it up to you for stealing your food.." he starts, lowering his gaze to my desk in regret.

Before I could respond, my stomach beats me to it by growling again, making me groan in embarrassment.

Youngdo chuckles, sending my heart beat on a roller coaster ride making it a little hard for me to breathe. I quietly took short deep breaths to calm my nerves and hoping he hadn't noticed. Nodding, I slung my bag over my shoulder, following him out the door.

We made it to the vending machine in the cafeteria, he pulled out a few wons from his pocket and stepped up to the machine and pushed a few buttons after inserting the money.

I couldn't see what he picked until he returned next to me with a nutty choco bar and a bag of chips. He handed me the choco bar and opened the bag of chips, taking rest on a nearby chair, I joined him at the table and bit into the chocolate bar, savouring the taste of silvered almonds and buttery pecans, I hummed at the taste without realising it.

I opened my eyes to find Youngdo staring at me, barely holding in his laughter as he handed me the chips, I accepted it silently with a smile.

"Still mad at me?", he questioned, looking at me. I shook my head.

"I'm not mad at you." I said before taking another bite of my chocolate bar.

"You're not talking to me, you didn't talk to me in history class.. and you didn't even chase me back from the rooftop..." He kept his eyes on me, whilst I kept mine on the food.

"I was taking notes..." I said to throw him off because I didn't want him to know about why I stood glued to the spot on the rooftop.

"You don't usually take notes in history class." Youngdo stated matter of factly, picking out that I was acting different.

"I don't usually, but that doesn't mean I never do, and I wanna pass this test with more than a C." I said using the excuse of wanting a higher grade to avoid this conversation from continuing. He looked at me with critical eyes, like he was trying to decide if I was telling the truth or not.

"I'm not mad at you, oppaa.." I said cutely, as a last attmept to throw him off.

Finally, after starring at me for a good two minutes and almost giving me a heart attack in the process, because my heart loves speeding up when he's looking at me it seems.

He sighs before reaching for a few chips from the pack in my hands. I keep my gaze on the table, not knowing what to do or say.

"Thank you for the snacks, Oppa," I cooed, again using aegyo when I finish the last of my chips or rather, our chips. He grinned in response and rose from his seat, waiting for me to do the same. We then made our way back to class together, him slinging an arm over my shoulders as we did so. I couldn't hide my own smile, he has just bought me food, though that wasn't a big deal it did kind of feel that way.

My smile faltered as I realized that this wasn't going to be an easy task.

"I'm gonna have a hard time with this new found crush on him...", I thought to myself as we entered the class. What will he think if he finds out! What will he say? Will he like me back? Is there a possibility he feels the same way? Or will he...

Actually I don't even want to think about the alternative right now..or ever. I've grown so close to Youngdo over the years and I don't know what will happen if we ever fought. Will I be able to handle that? I don't think so. I don't ever want to fight with him...

Slipping out of my thoughts, I took my seat along with the boys. Youngdo began chatting with Kim Tan as the teacher ordered the returning students to settle down before he resumed to the lesson.