Forehead Ribbon (wangxian)

Third Person's POV

"Lan Zhan, can I borrow your forehead ribbon?"

Wei Wuxian was know for being mischievous, but asking someone from the Lan Clan for their forehead ribbon, crossed a line. For members of the Lan Clan, the ribbon is sacred, only to be touched by family members and significant others. Which is why everyone who knew what the ribbon meant, cringed at Wei's question, that is....except Wangji.

At the moment, the two were at a yearly hunt hosted by the Jin Clan. The hunt itself was costly, so only wealthy clans were able to host such an event. Before the hunt started, there were targets set up and everyone one was obligated to shoot a bow and arrow. Their path on the hunt was determined by how close they were to the middle. However, this year, it was deemed unnecessary, only those who wanted to step up to the challenge participated. Jin Xixuan, being the show off he is, went first and got a bullseye effortlessly. Wei Wuxian being the competitive person he is, could not stand the sight of this "peacock" beating him to he asked Wangji the forbidden question.

One of the Lan Clan disciples and decided to inform Wei about the meaning of the ribbon.

"Young Master Wei, you may or may not know this-"

The disciples was interrupted by Wangji doing the unthinkable. He took off his ribbon and neatly handed it to Wei. Wei took the ribbon with a smile on his face and turned his back to Wangji, holding the hand with the ribbon out. Wangji immediately took the ribbon into his hands and gently tied it around Wei's eyes effectively blinding him. It was almost as if they were using telepathy; they didn't say a word to each other, but somehow they knew what the other was thinking.

Silence.

Everyone was beyond shocked- that is except Lan Xichen and Wei's siblings, who all played a part in getting the two together. Without saying anything, Wei walked towards the targets, grabbed an arrow and shot.

Bullseye.

But this one was far more impressive than Jin Xixuan, as he did this blindfolded. Wei happily walked back to his line up and turned his back to Wangji, as if he were asking him to take it off. Wangji did exactly that and put the ribbon back on his forehead.

That's when the crowd erupted.

"WHAT?"

"HOW?"

"Did Hanguang Jun forget the meaning of the ribbon?"

Wangji sighed. He turned to the crowd and soothed their confusion.

"Wei Wuxian is my husband. Therefore, letting him touch my ribbon is permitted."

Silence.

Wangji had an indifferent face on while Wei had a wide grin on. Yanli, Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen also smiled.