Night Hunts (wangxian)

Third Person's POV

After getting married, Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian became cultivation partners, and amazing ones at that. News that the YiLing Patriarch has returned had already spread through the clans like wildfire. So, cultivation partners HanGuang Jun, one of the twin jades of the Lan Clan and the Yiling Patriarch were popular, to say the least. Because of this (and also the fact that two clung onto each other, refusing to leave each other's side) night hunting without his husband made Wei uneasy.

"How much longer until we get back to Cloud Recess?"

Wei's younger self would never imagine wanting to go back to Cloud Recess with all its rules. But this time, it was different. This time, he had someone waiting for him to come home.

"Not much longer. Young Master Wei, I must ask you to be patient."

Lan Xichen along with a few other disciples accompanied Wei on this night hunt. Wangji wanted to come, but Lan Qiren asked him to help with something related to the thousands of rules, Wei wasn't listening that well.

The group continued to walk until they reached the gate of Cloud Recess. Wei Wuxian beamed.

"We're here! Finally!"

Wei was more than ready to see his husband. Night hunts without him seemed to drag on for ages. As soon as he got through the gate he sprinted towards his room, but before he could move, Lan Xichen stopped him and smiled.

"He's right there, Young Master Wei."

Wei turned to his right and there stood Wangji, wearing his usual top to bottom white. Wei grinned.

"LAN ZHAN!!"

Wei sprinted into Wangji's arm and the two embraced each other for a while. Wangji could hear Wei's throbbing heart. He couldn't tell if it was because he just ran or if he was excited to see him. Wangji wrapped his arms even tighter.

"Did you miss me?"

"Mn."

"I swear night hunts are longer without you there."

Wangji let go of Wei a that they were standing face to face.

"Mn."

There was now a subtle smile on Wangji's face. Seeing this, Wei Wuxian grinned. Wangji put his hand on Wei's face and slowly closed the distance, until they were interrupted by a cough.

"Ahem."

It was Lan Xichen. The two stopped and turned his way. There stood at least 20 disciples, all bright red after watching that scene. Wei immediately jumped up and offered a sheepish smile.

"Hahahahhah oops. I sorta forgot you guys were still here."

Wangji followed his husband and bowed to the disciples. He then took Wei's hand and the two wakes back to their room.

"He definitely was not sincere."

Lan Xichen smiled and lead the disciples to their rooms.