Secrets of the Snow

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters Tui .T Sutherland does

Winter POV

He didn't want to leave his home, or at lest the place he used to call home.Winter was so caught up in his thoughts he almost didn't notice it was sundown. Winter could usually fly through the night but he decided to sleep in the very edge of the Ice Kingdom... Something black dashing in at him, his fathers blood staining the mountain, death, destruction, Winter was awarer off his friends on the mountain behind him then he saw the NightWing dive at Lynx and his vision went red as he dived at the NightWing. Winter....Winter....WINTER  ahh Winter shouted as he flipped around to see his old friend Cold-front standing next to him bleeding. "What happened to you "I said  groggily "they attacked the palace and are holding the upper circles hostage we..." I interrupted Cold-front "Do they have Lynx""Yes, anyway.......we tried to fight but there were just too many......" Cold-front said before passing out. I set him in a cave were he'd be safe then I flew towards the palace  towards the dragons holding my kingdom, holding Lynx.

Lynx POV

She was tired, and sore, and this cut on her side was really bumming her out. She looked around to see a whole lot of IceWings laying around, some conscious others unconscious but all powerful and bleeding Snowfall laying beside me scanning the group, "What happened"I groan, Snowfall jumped, smiled, and said " I'm glad your okay, they ambushed us and you were fighting good but like nine of them swarmed you and you fell hitting your head very bad I was worried you would sleep through all the fun." I smiled and saw Snowfall looking through the IceWings "Who are. you looking for" Lynx finally asked Snowfall after she  watched her scan the group for a few minutes. To her surprise Snowfall actually responded truthfully the first time, "Hailstorm" I raised an eyebrow (Do dragons even have them) "He was fighting from the ground they must have gotten him..." she trailed off as her eyes rested on a dragon, unconscious, bleeding, barley alive, but very much Hailstorm. Snowfall gasped and crawled over to him, when she got there she gently started stroking his head with tears in her eyes whispering to him. Slowly he opened his eyes  Snowfall smiled and hugged him. Suddenly there was this loud noise like fighting, the door opened and the dragon who had come to save them was their ..... and that dragon was Winter. 

Winters POV

I flew almost right next to the snow so that the intruders wouldn't see me. I noticed they all work tight armor so that you couldn't see their tribe "on purpose" I thought.I almost got to the prisons without being seen then two guards saw me,I beat them but it was a little loud so I was worried that others would be on the way, I had to hurry, I busted into the room and saw that we were not going to sneak out, there were to many wounded and more unconscious. Suddenly I was thrown down by something white tackling me. At first I thought I was being attacked by a traitor then I looked up to see Lynx smiling over me. I smiled and said "Hey... I paused noticing the cut along her side. "What happened" I wondered how bad the attack really was."You came back", I was surprised at the question " "of course I came back" I said a smiled everyone was safe. Even Snowfall was alive, " whose that with Snowfall" I asked recognizing the scared wings, Lynx's lack of response was all the information I needed. I ran towards Hailstorm stopping beside Snowfall. 

Lynx POV 

 I was sitting with Winter, Hailstorm and Snowfall talking " They have to be Icewings, right" Snowfall said steadily. "No" both Winter and Hailstorm said at the same time. She looked a lot more comfortable. 'If they are not IceWings then what tribe are they from." For a second I thought that I had said something then I realized that it was Snowfall who spoke. "I don't know" Winter replied"they were wearing tight armor that must have protected them from the cold while concealing their tribe""So multipurpose" Hailstorm said with a small smile. Someone was laughing it was quite inappropriate for this time. Thats when I realized it was me. "Sorry" I mumbled. Winter gave me a sad smile. Thats when a guard at the door shouted "Someones coming" I locked eyes with Winter for just one second, then he ran and dived into the snow.

Winter POV

I felt so tired and angry but I knew I had to keep going. Then I was falling, I didn't spread my wings in time and I crashed onto the ground and everything went black. Come on I opened my. eyes and was almost blinded the ice I was on was clear and beautiful, I was in a tunnel. After walking for what seemed like hours I was starting to lose hope in my plan, that's when I saw it. A beautiful cavern that stretched over the expanse of the entire Ice Palace but much more beautiful because it looked natural I flew around to the cove that looked like it was fresh water. I was bending down to take a drink when a narwhale came leaping out of the water.  I just watched this was their way out. They could eat and drink until everyone was okay, then they would take back their kingdom. Now all winter had to do was get back to the prison and help the injured get to this cave. he flew towards the tunnel entrance that's when he saw it. There was a moon globe tree It was small but he knew it, that meant an Icewing mad this cave. They were gone. But they would save their kingdom. With a smile he flew back to the prison, crawled back through his tunnel and bursted into the room. "Lynx I found a cave we can hide there"" Lynx?" I ran towards Snowfall "Where is Lynx" Snowfall had tears in her eyes "She thought you had been captured so when they came to give us food she.....we told her not to........they have her." I heard a voice, mine say" There is a tunnel about a yard from where I dug turn right and keep walking you will find a cavern with a body of water, sea water, you can survive there for a while. At least until they are okay ". "Where will you be going" I met Snowfall's gaze.I'm going to save Lynx. 

Hope you liked it sorry it took so long.

Till next time

-Comet