chapter 1

i look in the mirror with disapointment. out of all the days my hair chooses not the behave it chooses this one. i should be studying my ass off for finals but here i am brushing my hair into subbmission. dont ever sleep with non braided hair. ever unless you want to deal with this.

kate is my roommate. unfortunitely she has come down with a case of the flu so she cant make it to the interview she arranged with some billion dollar buissness owner that i have never heard of.

'please ana i have worked a year to arrange this interview. it will at least take another to reshedule and graduation is next week. please go.' kate begs.

kate is my room mate. i have known her since senior year of high school and here we are now, senior year of college.

'fine okay whatever. you owe me BIG time tho kate.'

'yay! okay now dont fuck this up for me or i will stab you. do you understand ?'

'yes kate i understand. bye'

i rush out the door grabbing my notebook and pen. time to drive five hundred and sixty five miles to downtown seattle to meet the CEO of Gilinsky Enterprises Holding inc. i cant believe shes making me do this, i know nothing about him.

i drive up to a huge silver building with glass windows all over the outside. i walk in and the inside is nicely decorated with silver chairs and glass tables. the walls are painted gray. this man must love dull colors and glass. 'im here to see mr.gilinsky, anastasia steele for katherine kavangch.' i say to the receptionist.

'wait one moment please ms.steele.' she says as she raises her eyebrows and picks up the phone. i am beginning to think that i should have let kate dress me in that black coat rather than my baby blue sweater.

'ms.kavangch is expected please sign here ms.steele. youll want the middle elevator over there and press the button with the highest number and have a good day.' she says with a fake smile on her face.

i walk over to the elevator and the door opens. inside are two secuirty gaurds wearing black suits. i press the button i was told and patientally wait. i hear a ding and the two large silver doors open.

'hi ms.steele please seat anywhere you like and wait patentilly. would you like anything to drink ?' the blond perky receptionist asks.

'a coke with low ice please.' i respond. one girl rushes to a room and comes out seconds later with my drink. of course she would trip over something and fall. some blonds really are stupid.

'im sorry about that you will have another one shortly.' the other blond says. i nod and look around the room. its covered in white, granite and silver.

'here is your coke with light ice and mr.gilinsky will now see you. the third door please.' the retarted blond says. i get up grabbing my belongings and knock.

'oh ms.stelle please walk in, dont knock' the receptionist tells me. great ana, always finding a way to stand out. i open the door and walk into a huge white room. the walls have unusual bright paintings on them and the floor is brown with a huge white carpet covering it.

'hello ms.steele. my name is jack gilinsky, woukd you like for me to take your coat?' he asks.

'er.. no thanks im fine.' i say.

'please do, sit down.'

i sit down and take out my notebook and pen. i look at him. very young attractive and dressed in a black suit with a loose colar. he looks about in his late twentys.

'im sorry ms.kavangch couldnt be here. she just came down with a case of the flu.' i say. his jaw clenches and he raises his eyebrows. is he trying to seduce me?

'oh that sucks. i dont mind at all, really. whats your name?'he asks.

'anastasia steele but please call me anna.'

'a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.'

i can feel myself blushing. hes quite the charmer.

'if you dont mind i would like to start interviewing you now mr.gilinsky.'

'call me jack please and im ready whenever you are.' he smiles

*the questions are from the actual book itself. all credit to the author*

'you are very young to have amassed an empire. to what do you owe your success?' i ask.

his jaw cleanches trying to come up with an answer. we sit in silence for nearly two minutes.

'buissness is all about people miss.steele. im very good at judging people. i know what makes them flourish, tick, what inspires them. i employ an exception team and reward them well.' he says cockily,' my belief is to achieve sucess in one scheme one has to make omself master of that scheme. know it inside and out. i work on logic and facts and i work very, very, hard at that. i have a natural gut that can spot good and bad people.'

'maybe your just lucky' i say. fuck i wasnt suppost to say that outloud. his stare fixes on me. 'i dont subscirbe to luck or chance ms.steele' he replies back rather sassy.

i dont know what it is about him that makes me so nervous. his face ? his eyes ? his words ? or his stare.

'you sound like a control freak' i say with a smirk.

'i exercise in all things control ms.steele.'

god damn it stop 'ms.steele'ing me.

'and do you have any intrests outside of work?' i ask.

he strokes his bottom lip a couple of times with his long skinny index finger thinking of what to say. i wish he could stop it now.

'i have veried intrests, veried.' he says staring at me. his eyes are now a dark brown and hes licking his lips.

'if you work all the time then how do you chill out.'

'chill out?' he says as a questions rather than a statement. 'i fly. ms.steele i am a wealthy man i invest in expensive hobbies.'

hes now smiling very big showing off his white teeth. it should be illegal for him to be this hot.

'would your friends say your easy to get along with?'

'i am a very private person. i go a long way to protect my privacy.'

'are you gay?' i blury out. he clenches his jaw.

'no ms.steele i am not. im straighter than that pen you are holding.' he says with a smirk. i cant help but laugh. 'i have to get going. i hope to see you soon.' i say smiling.

i get up and grab the glass. as the elevator doors are closing he walks up to them.

'anastasia' he says with a serious face

'jack.' i say back before the doors close.

___________________________________________ this is close to the book. i did not write all of this credits to the author of the trilogy.

i will update soon. please vote and comment. i hope you like it :)