Act 1: Chapter 1 - Dont Wait

Depuis le début

"Of course I will sweetie, why wouldn't I?" He said reassuring me.

He patted my back and I stared at him one last time until I finally turned my back and got into the van. I started up the vehicle I waved goodbye to him through the car window. He waved back as I started to drive onto the road. I kept looking at the side view mirror to see him, I kept looking until he was unrecognizable. I sighed again.

"This was for the better, especially for my new job and income." I smile as I stared at the road, feeling hopeful for my new home.

By the time I arrived at my new home it was already sundown, I parked the van in front of my home and exited the vehicle. Before I went inside the house I made sure that the cameras were installed outside the house. I wanted to check immediately in case I had to make a complaint to the landlord but everything looked well in place. At the moment, as I was checking out the camera in the front yard, I was interrupted by someone yelling. I turned around to see where it was coming from and it was one of the neighbors across the fence of my yard. They appear to trying to get my attention. They looked way older than me but not old enough to have wrinkles, I'd say he looked at least old enough to be someone's dad. He wore a flannel with jeans, kinda looks like a hillbilly type look.

"Hey there, sorry to bother you but do you live here?" The neighbor asked.

"Well, yeah. Now I do. Why?" I crossed my arms already a little annoyed by this person.

Getting a weird vibe to why this stranger was asking me such questions.

"Oh then you must be y/n. I'm apart of the neighborhood watch group you joined recently, we were told you were moving in today. It's exciting to see new faces around here."

He said in a welcoming tone. A smile slowly formed on my face, glad that I was able to put my guard down and not worry if this man was going to sexually harass me. I walk up to the fence and I put out my hand to greet him back.

"It's nice to meet you as well, mister. What's your name?"

"I go by Robert" he shook my hand back.

"Looks like you've got a lot of stuff there in that van, you need a hand?" He offered, "I could use some help, but don't expect me to pay you." I nudged him to reassure him that I was only teasing him. He chuckled.

All the boxes were now moved to the living room area of my new home, Robert even helped moved the couches in, and my dining table. I already set up my computer and bed while everything else was still in boxes.

"Well looks like my work here is done." Robert stated as he placed his hands on his hips.

"Thanks again, I wouldn't have gotten this much done without help." I turned to him.

"Don't worry about it, I'll see you around. Goodnight new neighbor." He waved at me as he left my home.

I was now left in this half decorated home of mine.

"God I'm exhausted." Before I went to bed, I decided to set up my computer and plug everything in.

It seemed that it still needs some time to boot up, I had no motivation to deal with technology right now so I let my computer do its thing and finish it tomorrow.

"I can finally get some sleep" I took off my clothes and threw my clothes down onto the floor of my bedroom.

Not caring about changing in pajamas whatsoever. I cuddled myself underneath the blanket, letting my muscles relax after all the moving around today. Eventually, between the soft blankets and new AC in this house, falling asleep was easy.