Act 1: Chapter 1 - Dont Wait

The hot steam from the shower filled the bathroom. It made my skin warm, as the water ran down my bare body, gently rubbing my wash cloak against my arms and legs. Feeling completely relaxed from the softness. Breaking out of my relaxation, I step out of the shower and dried my feet on the rug as I wrapped the towel, that was hanging on the rack, around myself. I walk over to the sink and analyzed myself in the mirror, trying to psych myself up for today. Second guessing myself about the new change that's about to happen.

When I was done getting ready, drying off and getting dressed, I sat on my living room couch, getting ready to call my father to invite him to my house. He answered the phone immediately as I began to speak.

"Hey dad, I'm up early and I'm ready to start moving the rest of my stuff, I'd really appreciate it if you would come over and help me with some of these boxes."

My father babbled on the phone with me for a bit about his job until he finally agreed to come assist me. He seemed busy as always but at least he took time out to come help me to show that he cares. I hung up the phone and started to gather all the boxes together so it'll be easier to take them all to the moving van once he arrives. Once I organized the heavy boxes, I turned on the radio ,that was sitting on the dining table, and  jammed out to the loud tunes. The music was loud and made me feel vibrant all over. I smile spread across my face as my favorite song played. Maybe this moving isn't so bad after all, I don't understand why I was so worried in the first place.

Dad finally made it here to my house, he was still in his police uniform like usual. Indicating that he just got off his shift.

"You've finally made it. I thought police officers were supposed to be at their destination quicker." I laughed as I hugged him.

"Well yes, it's nice to see you too y/n."

Behind his tuff guy persona, he knew I was just joking with him. It's been like this for years between us. We would always make jokes like this, and get along in our own way. Although it didn't use to be like that though, when my mom was still with us. It felt like his entire personality changed after that incident. The healing process for him was different though. But at the end of the day, it was very traumatic for the both of us. But we're still working through it together. Even though it still feels like I'm stepping on egg shells around him.

After sometime of moving everything to the van, and clearing out most of the rooms, we were practically done. I watched my dad pick up the last few boxes that were sitting in the living room. I leaned against the couch, waiting for my dad to finish so we can take the couch to the van next.

"Yo dad, can you help me lift this?" I asked as he came back inside, he agreed and he went to the other end of it, we lifted it together.

The couch was heavy but with dad's strength we got it in the van pretty quick. A couple minutes past and we're done packing everything up, as my father organized the back of the van I looked around my now ,old, empty house and I let out a deep sigh.

"I'm kinda gonna miss this place, I hope my new home gives me the same comfort as this one." I said quietly to myself.

With that, I walked out of the front door and locked it for the very last time.

I walked towards the van as dad was already closing it the back of it.

"Alrighty, looks like your all set and ready to go." he said as he clapped his hands together, dusting them off.

I gave him another hug before I got into the van. It felt like our relationship was going to disappear now that I'm moving further away.

"You promise to visit me whenever you have the time, right?" I muffled in his shoulder.