Chapter 2

Talia's POV

The boarding house was in pristine order as everything was in its place and under management of its keeper and mistress. All was tranquil as the lady drifted from the rooms and made sure that everything was spotless as well as intact from her husband's tirades and frequent tantrums including her brother-in-law's occasional spats. She had appreciated that Damon had put a tarp down when he killed Mason Lockwood and was frustratedly angry when he trashed the place after opening the tomb. A small part of her was hurt that Damon had seemed to have forgotten about her while remaining fixated on his past ex until Stefan and his girlfriend-copy found one of their albums. Talia would sometimes glimpse the rare times that Damon would either look at their rings or take out the picture of them on New Years that was hidden in the opposite bedside table.

Sometimes at night when he'd sleep she would run her fingers through the inky locks that fell on his forehead. She missed being alive but didn't hold a grudge like the vampires that were trapped in the tomb and that had escaped from it. She was just worried about her family and the involvement that they were getting into because of Stefan's girlfriend.

3rd POV

The town of Mystic Falls was getting ready for their Founder's Day festivities as well as the citizens having returned to normal as their town could get. Stefan and Damon were now having to deal with knowledge that the tomb vamps somehow got out and were amongst the modern world. The weather was heavy forecasts that called for rain as well as a slight chill factor while the rest of their gang was dealing with emotional issues like Sheila Bennet's passing and Bonnie leaving town. The Mystic Falls gang were dealing with many problems like Elena's birth mother being brought up and her death in question, the tomb vampires escaping the tomb and dealing with any lead the led to Katherine. A storm as brewing but they didn't know what it would result for them when it hit.

It was night at the boarding house with rain beating down on the roof as Stefan found Damon in the library. Both brothers had been dealing with the knowledge of Katherine's betrayal as well as the existential-crisis that was Damon's life while Stefan was fed up with Damon and his meddling. The new issue that the brothers were dealing with at the present moment was the possibility that the entrapped bloodsuckers from their time could have escaped their stony cage. Stefan had just entered the library with an argument starting on his lips while Damon was seated in one of the dark leather chairs when the window blew into the room, glass spraying all over the wood and carpets as multiple figures bloomed from the now smashed frame. The first figure was male and had gotten the upper-hand on Stefan, being the one who was closest to the window at the time, laying on top of the younger Salvatore and stabbing him in the chest. The unidentified man was pulled off by the older Salvatore and slammed into the banister that separated the room from the entry way/hall.

While the brothers were distracted, Stefan with the task of pulling out the large shard of glass protruding from him and Damon with the intruder, barely noticed the second figure entering the same way as the first. This person was female and took a survey of the room before determining her target after eyeing the struggle that her partner was giving the darker Salvatore. Unbeknownst to the fighting figures another was witnessing the brawl; noting the damage that was the window, cracked bannister, chipped hardwood, and bloodied rug. This person was both worried and angered by the display going on that it caused a faint film of gold dust to blanket her frame, shooting down into the floorboards and into the underlaying earth that cradled the house. The mist snaked into the bedrock and triggered an increase in plate shifting, accelerating movement in that specific spot, causing the house and foundation of the place to shake. The shaking intensified with the unnoticed being's level of anger at the destruction being done to her home, becoming more noticeable to the vampires, and causing them to stop their actions in shock at the mini earthquake that was happening.